Facelift k11 gearbox.

Hi guys. Just bought a 1.0 k11. The gearbox is noisey. The oil has been changed and it's still noisey. It's not too bad at the mo but sometime soon I think it's going to give up. So I'm after a low mileage manual box if anyone has one thanks,

Yeah as soon as I push the clutch down it dissapears. The bite on the clutch is probably about between 1/2 and 3/4 up the pedal. Also I think the spring has gone in the linkage as the stick doesn't return to the center and wobbles about abit when in gear. And when I wiggle the stick I can hear a rattle underneath.
If it is the clutch it would be a lot less hassle!!

^ Clutch Release bearing if it goes when you press the clutch down. Mines does that :).

Stick moving rattle mines had done that the return spring to center the stick had snapped and was loose and when I wiggled the stick it hit on the heat shield :)

if its that coilpack k11 you mentioned steve ? then its a different g/box to the pre 2000 ones btw
and is it noisy while moving ?

I'd try a new clutch and thrust bearing before I went for a new gearbox, if I were you. And the return spring can be reattached to where it fell from. I keep meaning to do mine, and junk the loose heat shield, but you know how it is when you're a lazy bugger :D

Thanks guys. We're going to get it up on the ramps in the week and have a look underneath. If it's only the clutch that would be a result cause when I bought I budgeted for a new box'

It was happen to mine. I sent to mr clutch auto centre so they changed new clutch kit. It's two years on so it's not good now lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Clutch shouldn't wear out in 2 years JK?

My mum's second facelift got two years old aftermarket clutch so it's getting tough to changing these gears. I tho it was almost worn out clutch. I need to check this problem.

My GX got two years old aftermarket clutch. It's still going strong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back