Exhaust prices

CMF_Daz

» CMF Member
How much would you expect to pay for an exhaust system from the headers back? (flex pipe, resonator, high flow cat, sports muffler with a 2" pipe) Ive found a couple of shops that will make one up and install but quoting $850-$980. Sounds a bit steep to me.

CMF_sikK11

» CMF Member
No if your buying headers then that is 300 at least then if it is stainless then that puts it up heaps then you got a high flow cat that is couple hundred for a good one. A sports muffler prob 100 then labour. 800-900 sounds about right if it is good quality. Like everything you pay for what you get. 900 should get a full mandrel bent 2 inch stainless system with good 4-2-1 headers high flow cat and a good resonator. I would pay it.

CMF_sikK11

» CMF Member
you want it cheaper ask for a 2 1/4 crush bent exhaust get a good cat a cheap resonator an a good tip. That would set you back around 650 if you use mild steel instead of SS you would drop that again. Hope this helps.

CMF_sportsclassic

» CMF Member
sikK11 WROTE:

"No if your buying headers then that is 300 at least then if it is stainless then that puts it up heaps then you got a high flow cat that is couple hundred for a good one. A sports muffler prob 100 then labour. 800-900 sounds about right if it is good quality. Like everything you pay for what you get. 900 should get a full mandrel bent 2 inch stainless system with good 4-2-1 headers high flow cat and a good resonator. I would pay it.

he said from headers back thats why i said 600

sikK11 WROTE:

"you want it cheaper ask for a 2 1/4 crush bent exhaust get a good cat a cheap resonator an a good tip. That would set you back around 650 if you use mild steel instead of SS you would drop that again. Hope this helps.

why the hell would you use stainless and press bend it? ask for mild steel, stainless crushes more then mild, so a press bent stainless system will flow worse then a mild one... source yourself a muffler that will work and a cat from a 32/33/34 skyline gtr (non compliance cat) that'll flow more then you'll ever need it to, and bolts straight up in place of your old factory cat, if they charge you any more then 400 to join it together in press bent rubbish, i'd be goin somewhere else.... if there not out to rip you, it shouldn't cost you to much more to go mandrel bent, there'd be about 5 bends in your system max, in mild steel, 2" bends are about $15 each, skyline cat (search the sau forums) say $50, 1m of 2" straight, $30, muffler, $100, resonator $70, couple of flanges / and round bar for the hangers, and theres the reciepe for the best exhaust a shop will make you, all you need is a mate with a mig and a drop saw :D ... ask them to give you a run down of the costs, see were you can save the most money....

Back