Exhaust mounting bracket

Status
Not open for further replies.

joesouthgate

Super Moderator
Club Member
Hi Guys,
Anyone know where I can get a new exhaust bracket, the one that connects onto the cat flange. it then connects onto 2 rubber hangers and onto the body. Mines falling apart and the exhaust is rattling :(
Cheers
Joe

it uses the 2 bolts on the flange and then connects to 2 rubber hangers which connect to body work

would it not be the exhaust hanger rubbers? when they are worn they tend to have play in them, hence the knocking..there the same as the back box rubbers. if that fails just remove the heat sheild like i did...

if the cat mounts fall off the exhuast can still cope with the back box mounts and manifold bolted up...

When the weld on my silencer came off, it made a massive hole under it. Rather than weld it back on & patch the hole, i just replaced it for another one.

would it not be the exhaust hanger rubbers? when they are worn they tend to have play in them, hence the knocking..there the same as the back box rubbers. if that fails just remove the heat sheild like i did...

if the cat mounts fall off the exhuast can still cope with the back box mounts and manifold bolted up...

no its deffo not! I replaced the whole exhaust and that bracket is in almost 2 pieces due to rust!

When the weld on my silencer came off, it made a massive hole under it. Rather than weld it back on & patch the hole, i just replaced it for another one.

its not part of the exhaust its a totally seperate bracket

not atm but i can probably get one in a bit, should have taken one when i fitted the manifold & downpipe really, thought it would be easier to source though!

strangely ive just had a look through my exhaust catalogue at work and theres nothing like that listed, not sure if it comes welded onto the cat from new? If you want you could give me your reg number and i can ring my suppliers to see if theyre available?

I know the bit youre on about modded :D mine died aswell, ive just got a metal bar welded to the exhaust system, that allows it to hook up...if you wanted it removeable you could probably use an exhaust U clamp with a bar welded to it.

At last someone does :D That sounds like a plan kris. I'll stick up a pic in just a moment.

there we go :
Photo000.jpg

it arches over the exhaust and is the same on the other side aswell, just more rusty.

MM

you might need a stronger s/s one (as there,s no flexy joint on your downpipe now eh ?)

:p no probs. part of the rattle is the lambda sensor on the engine mount...which i need to adjust slightly with a grinder :p

just phoned up my suppliers to see if i could get one and they said original nissan part only, which is pants, might be best to make a bodge!

:doh: had a feeling it would be a nissan only part grr cheers for enquiring anyway (Y)

They always rust in half, because of the way they are made... :) probs not worth the hassle of a scrappy visit...

checked ebay and for a part like that i wouldnt even bother with the scrappy. I might see how much nissan will be and then probably just make something like solarice suggested.

Did you find the bracket? whats the part number from nissan? I just put the entire stock system back on and the systm is not sitting properly because of it.

Whats the nissan part number or where did you buy a replacement from?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back