Exhaust hanging.

Littlewood

Here comes the BOOM!
Bought this exaust and backbox;

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI....m=180181374324&ssPageName=STRK:MEWN:IT&ih=008

And this hanging bracket;

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI....m=310005689312&ssPageName=STRK:MEWN:IT&ih=021

Now, had a look at the existing setup and is as follows;

0000005jk5.jpg
0000003bl1.jpg
0000006ug5.jpg

So.. I thought to myself;

53445125sa4.jpg

Is that right? Or would I have to bend the system so that the bracket can hang down straight?

You could if you wanted, I only use 1 bracket and it's a bit bouncy but works fine.
If you do only use one get a poly exhaust rubber as it's stiffer.

I also suggest you get an exhaust flex as the angle of the pipe makes fitting a box that long very hard. The maximum box length is 19 inches or it hangs out from the bumper a bit.

some k10's have a similar strap type mount that has both mounts on it mate ideally thats what you should use hangine the back box on one mount is not advisable as it will put extra stress on the exhaust system

Before you chop the old exhaust off make sure you have all clamps, reducers and link pipes.

Also if you put the bracket at the centre of the exhaust it'll balance perfectly and won't put any strain on the exhaust system.

I used to just weld on U-bolts on either side to slot through the old rubbers.

Although as speedle says "some k10's have a similar strap type mount" with both mounts in place. Pop down the breakers.

hi,
does anyone know what external diameter the exhaust piping is? Im assuming i'll need a reducer as the inlet on the backbox i'm getting is 2 inch.

ah ok. Well i've found a company on eBay who do custom ones, so if i can't find the one i want i'll get a custom one made. See, my new backbox is 17 inches from inlet to outlet tips, so i can't figure out if i need a small extension, or for the reducer to be as small as possible! i'm waiting for the backbox to arrive so i can line things up roughly and do a few small calulations to get to where i want!

Back