EOI: set of k11 King springs LOWS

CMF_Yom

» CMF Member
My email is updated mate. :) You can message me whenever and I'll actually read the message now. :p

I am going to try to get to virgina tomorrow and pick up the springs and from there I will probably do the rears tomorrow evening lol but yeh I will let you know once they're done. Shouldn't take to long. I might even pay for the front springs to be swapped over because I dunno if i can be stuffed struggling with the spring compressors and the stupid top nut and strut thingo. Grrr makes me angry just thinking about it.

UPDATE: Tony, i have the rear kings removed and they're now sitting around doing nothing. I will have the fronts removed tomorrow. :)

CMF_jamm'n

» CMF Member
hey man.

"GTRHOLIC" has sorta bags'd them man.

Not sure if hes still interested tho because we talked about it ages ago.

But yes i am:)

BTW Chris, please give us ALL an update on the turbo.

CMF_Snoopy

» CMF Member
jamm'n WROTE:

"hey man. <BR><BR>"GTRHOLIC" has sorta bags'd them man. <BR><BR>Not sure if hes still interested tho because we talked about it ages ago.<BR><BR>But yes i am:)<BR><BR>BTW Chris, please give us ALL an update on the turbo.

Not much to update on, intercooler goes in next week to be modified, then car comes back off the road for final mock up, make brackets for intercooler, finish off plumbing & the rest of the fiddle stuff.

Then once its all in, have to mount the scoop, cut holes in the bonnet. Basicly I still waiting on stuff to arrive. My new custom Bonded QFM pads sould arrive monday, as should the silicon bends. Heat wrap has finnaly arrived, as well as the gfb plumb back.

When its all mocked up I will takes some pics. If I remember I will take the camera to work & take photos of all the stuff sitting on my tool box for the micra (it getting alittle full up there) :p

CMF_makes

» CMF Member
Hi Sanman,

The "Kings Springs Low" replacement spring set will lower the car by approx 30mm.

Attachments

• 19791.jpg
    19791.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 27

CMF_sanman

» CMF Member
HI! just wondering your spring rate is like the following ??

thanks !

King Spring LOWS: Front linear, rear progressive, 25mm drop

Front: KDFL-26 2.2kg/mm or 125lb/inch
Rear: KDFL-08 3.04kg/mm or 100 to 170lb/inch

CMF_Yom

» CMF Member
Just for the record, I have sold the King Springs to site member Tony.

My particular kings were considerably harder than the quoted figures. Compared to my current springs, I'd estimate at least 4kg/mm at the front. No idea why eihter.

CMF_Snoopy

» CMF Member
You get what you pay for. I've had kings in my last two car (Vl wagon & swift gti) & honeslty I didn't like the ride quality & handling (yes I did uprate the shocks with it). The only reason I bought the kings for the gti was eibach was just to expensive & the kings were dirt cheap. However looking back I wish i had just bought the eibachs.

Having said this, some people like kings. Horses for courses. The only way to find out for sure is to go for a ride in a car with kings & see if you like it. Simple

CMF_Yom

» CMF Member
What snoopdawg says is 100% correct. You get what you pay for. If you do something on the cheap, it'll probably have a cheap result.

sanman WROTE:

"is that the springs rate too hard for ride ??

The kings I had in my car were NOT the claimed springrate. They were MUCH stiffer. I now have some APEXI progressive springs in my car now and the ride is infintely smoother and less choppy than the kings. I am running KYB Excel G shocks. When these wear out they will be rebuilt to the same valve specs as the Nismo S-tune shocks.

SO yeh, I just think the quality of the king springs might vary a bit... But they are reliable. You dont hear of too many King springs snapping!

Anyway my point is that 2.2kg/mm for the front is quite soft. Only 25% stiffer than the factory springs. My car's ride really should have been only slightly stiffer than factory but it wasnt. It was like driving around on race-spec coilovers set to some stupid rock hard tarmac setting!

CMF_sanman

» CMF Member
i see...
sorry about i was asking too many question.
coz i just a Super S, but the factory suspension too soft.
so just looking for a cheap price to solve this problem ~

and also do you guys think that its better if i take away the factory airbox and put a intake pipe with mushroom air filter??

is this get help??

CMF_Snoopy

» CMF Member
Sanman how many kms has your super s done. Have you had the suspension checked? Are all the bushes ok? Are the shocks worn out.Throwing in a stiffer set of springs over worn out suspension will make the car drive like a pig. If you want the car to handle better & feel firmer try this.

1. replace any worn bushes. Also replace any pivoting bushes (control arm, swaybar d-shackles etc.) with a stiffer bush (highly recommomend super pro)

2. buy a decent set of dampners/shocks, like koni, bilstien. I personally use kyb excel-g & they are great for a standard type shock & quite cheap too. All depends on what your after. If your budget will stretch then do the springs at the same time to save on labour cost. (however if the shocks are worn & you cannot afford todo the springs then just to the shocks as they are more important)

3. Get a proper wheel alighnment. Including getting camber & caster check. With my whiteline springs. I run -1 camber -1 caster & 0 toe.
You will need caster & camber kits todo this.

Hope this helps

CMF_Snoopy

» CMF Member
Just an added note. Remember inorder for your suspension to do its job the tyre needs to stay in contact with the road. If the suspension is too stiff or the shocks are worn/unable to cope with the springs, it will skip over the road & that dangerious. Last but not least don't forget your tyres (including pressure). If there crap, then it wont matter how much you spend on suspension, it still wont work. After all this you can do the extras, like swaybar, strut braces. Just remember to get your basics right first.
Just my 2 cents
I will stop ranting now

Back