England Vs Switzerland

Arnold

www.alanarnold.co.uk
Site Supporter
I was at the game last night and although it was a victory, it wasn't a convincing win. Surprised with it being a friendly, Capello left so many players on the bench. Rooney played pretty well and pleased with Wright-Philips, but still unsure on donkey James and a couple of others.

I agree with Capello's decision not to play players if they're unfit, like Beckham, but you could tell he was needed last night!

Also pleased Ashley Cole was booed off the cheating git!

Anyone got any opinion of the game, and opinions of Capello?

Not sure what you could hear on the TV but the minutes silence was badly observed and cut short, probably as a result of some of the crowd.

I've got loads of photos from yesterday, I'll wack them on facebook later.

capell is a coach carter charater really, demanding respect and everything....

It was a friendly

A couple of young players played....bently is no where near as good as beckham!

Capello is our best chance for something in this game....but im still unsure on what our team is playing at.....to me they have lost so much passion over the last 10 years...

Yeah i agree with the loss of passion, but that may be because previous managers have picked players based on the name, regardless of how fit they are. I remember Darren Anderton being picked all the time, regardless of only playing about 8 games a season! Beckham's been the same recently.. but it's always the same faces. People like wright-philips, Lescott, Andy Johnson are working hard to get in the lineup, but the likes of off form Gerrard etc get priority anyway.

Photos are here - http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=29603&id=538478581

Richards is a must for this team though! he is as good as terry, when its terry and richards together, its always solid!

i thought it was one of the better performances we have had for a long time. start of first half saw plenty of mistakes but the team never played together, plus having to get to grips with new tactics, manager and surroundings it was understandable.

i dont know what capello said to the boys but they came out playing really well in the second half, crouch was very useful and it seems like rooney is better suited to the wing forward role as he gets to run at players, beckham was not missed as i think bentley did quite well, saw glimpes of becks from his few free kicks and long pin point passes. whats better though is that he could run at players and cross with both feet!

shearer was right in the commentary box saying no one now is better than becks a few years ago but he has been eclipsed by a few young prospects now and i would like to see more of bentley and wright phillips rather than lennon.

donkey james messed up a few big kicks and i would like to add brown was awlful!! i could count 5-6 big mistakes yesterday and in proper games with better teams we'll definitely get punished for!

considering it was only capello's first game in charged it was pretty good, i strongly believe given a bit more time newly picked players will gel, winning attitude will be installed and its not bad after all having a foreign manager now is it?!

i was stewarding it and il agree it was an awful performance! The minuets silence was pathetic! real lack of respect! tbh i was enjoying switzerland pulling a goal back, ive only seen england play twice (being welsh) yesterday and against Croatia but both times ive yet to be impressed!

Back