engine vibration

CMF_rumensat

» CMF Member
i have micra 1995 1.3 k11
from begining (i buy old one)motor running with vibration - in slow rpm 650 veri bad in high more than 1000rpm fil only on stearing and gear lost.
power is very good taking more than 160 km/h

have changed spare plugs , check cables - no change.
may be synchron chain or some valve not working properly?

have you know what to do?

CMF_hi3cmz

» CMF Member
might be:

-AFM, read resoldering infos from Information section

-too much carbon in chamber: take to service shop and they will inject clean liquit from spark hole, mine was vibrating in low RPM, and getting worst until it get stall, after cleaning carbon, everything went back to smotth.
-Engine mount, should also check.
-Timing, check with autoshop.
-Oil viscosy: check for appropiate oil rating
-Distribuitor: check for spart voltage.
-Generator, A/C compressor bearing: inspect each component for it's bearing.

hope this help...

CMF_NotAnotherSSS

» CMF Member
Yep yep definately check all the engine mounts.

Open up the hood (bonnet) and put the handbrake on tight and put the car into neutral (or PARK if it is automatic).

Turn the engine on while watching it. if it moves around alot you have worn engine mounts. To define how much "alot" is, the engine really shouldnt move around much more than an inch (or 2.5cm) back and forwards.

Other thing to look at is the EXHAUST. it is possible the exhaust is touching underneath the car. This causes very nasty vibration through the cabin.

Good luck.

CMF_rumensat

» CMF Member
Thank you for advises
i will try and tell you results

P.S. in my country i heard new method for cleaning valves and chamber - with water
when motor is hot and running spray water with pump for flowers in intake air pipe still see white exhouse smok
after that speed up rpm and the results are briliand engine work.

!!!be carefuly with water debit , if it is more than 25 ml in chamber, engin will go destroy!!!

CMF_NotAnotherSSS

» CMF Member
Erm, I wouldnt do that water thing.

VERY risky.

I will stick to the THROTTLE BODY CLEANER you can buy from SUBARU... Cleans throttle body and whole intake manifold.

A few revs past 5000rpm usually get rid of any charcoal deposits around your valves!

CMF_Sean

» CMF Member
I'm running water injection...

And my cylinders have never been cleaner. Not only that but it also gets rid of the carbon 'hotspots' along the gasket/quench area so it also helps the gasket to live that little bit longer...

So in theory you're right about the water bit.. But I wouldn't go about it in that fashion

Sean

Back