Engine tune

Hey guys I'm looking to get the most out of my cg13 engine so any body got any advice our tips.. So far the head has gone to to ported and polished will that away I was thinking of bigger valves and high lift cams but I don't no where to get these... Any body no?? Also I was looking for a racing crank r something along that line.. Was think of taking the inners out of a cga3 and seen if they swap around.. I no I could just change engines but I don't want to go down that road so if any 1 has any ideas don't be shy thanks..

Peter, change the manifold for a decent 4 branch. Sort the restrictive stock exhaust out for something like the peter lloyd one.
High lift cams are fine but I don't know what the max lift is you can do safely or if you need to pocket or change the pistons.

For more easy horse power then turbo is the way forward, well that's my opinion anyway.

natemicra! said:
I have my opinion and you have yours :) I found it did as my car was running too lean and I found a good power increase..

It probably evened the flat spots but this is a crude way of doing so.

It's been said stock injectors are good for 110bhp.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Forum Runner

Don't try and find a racing crank just have work done to yours if you must, I think the 1.0ltrs can rev to 10K when built right ( stock injectors are a no no at those revs lol) so possibly 8.5K on a 1.3? Franks your man but this has been covered no doubt

Don't try and find a racing crank just have work done to yours if you must, I think the 1.0ltrs can rev to 10K when built right ( stock injectors are a no no at those revs lol) so possibly 8.5K on a 1.3? Franks your man but this has been covered no doubt
aye, our cranks are forged anyway eh stani :) and its always piston speed that is the limiting factor eh

It probably evened the flat spots but this is a crude way of doing so.

It's been said stock injectors are good for 110bhp.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Forum Runner
stock injectors are good for 110hp only if you remap/increase the duration tho eh ;)

Peter, change the manifold for a decent 4 branch. Sort the restrictive stock exhaust out for something like the peter lloyd one.
High lift cams are fine but I don't know what the max lift is you can do safely or if you need to pocket or change the pistons.

For more easy horse power then turbo is the way forward, well that's my opinion anyway.
the amount of lift has no effect on the piston to valve clearance tho eh rob :)

Hey guys I'm looking to get the most out of my cg13 engine so any body got any advice our tips.. So far the head has gone to to ported and polished will that away I was thinking of bigger valves and high lift cams but I don't no where to get these... Any body no?? Also I was looking for a racing crank r something along that line.. Was think of taking the inners out of a cga3 and seen if they swap around.. I no I could just change engines but I don't want to go down that road so if any 1 has any ideas don't be shy thanks..

Bigger valves are not an off the shelf item. Unless you are prepared to make a similar valve from another engine work then it will be a custom set. One point to make is that the CG engine design does not allow much scope to increase the valve size due to proximity with the combustion chamber walls. One could argue any increase in valve area may be negated by an increase in valve shrouding due to the lack of room. Unless you are building a no limits race engine where budget isn't an issue and can do some clever porting to maximize the gas flow, it will likely be a case of money better spent elsewhere.

Re: high lift cams. There are higher lift cams available from various sources in the form of re-grinds or blanks from Piper and MPH on here but you will be looking at 272deg max, around 9mm lift peak and about 1.7mm lift at TDC. If you want more you will have to specify something custom. Frank has had some custom grinds done by Autosprint as an example and I have a custom grind from Kent but the latter is NOT suited to a road car on anything less than 12.5:1 compression.

Re: liners. If you are looking to maximize on cubic capacity, just start and stick with the CGA3. I know you don't want to swap engines but if you have a CGA3 to work with it will be better to use that instead.

the amount of lift has no effect on the piston to valve clearance tho eh rob :)

I doubt any of the established profiles are close to PTV contact Frank. I certainly had to design my own intruder piston with pockets to work with our profile to avoid immediate death ;)

Bigger injectors won't give you more power. I wish people would stop giving wrong info out!

agreed it wont give more power. putting bigger injectors on is fine if you reduce your fuel pressure slightly. you'll have the same power as before you replaced the injectors, but at a lower duty cycle.

No, that would be a complete waste of time.

If you have got to the point your standard injectors are reaching max you wouldn't then fit larger ones and lower the fuel pressure.

No standard tuned engine should need bigger injectors. Simple.

agreed it wont give more power. putting bigger injectors on is fine if you reduce your fuel pressure slightly. you'll have the same power as before you replaced the injectors, but at a lower duty cycle.
with a stock 1:1 fuel reg yes ;)

Hey guys thanks for all this.. Just to give you a little more info on the car and what I'm using it for it's not a road car in using this for off road racing qnd I can't use the cga3 engine cause I'm limited to 1300cc so for on this I have the simple mods janspeed 4 branch going into a 40mm or 45 (can't remember) system on racing back
Box. Piston out of a cg10. Induction kit coming from the head light. Syetec fuel pressure reg..
So now I was think how do I get more.. The tracks we race on are not over big so it only ever first and second gear.. Also dose any body no if there a longer second gear r what I would have get it make this longer

Some guys have put the GA15 throttle body on their CGXX engines. Maybe that could give a little extra?
It's a straight fit, with a larger diameter.

Back