engine transplant

CMF_Sean

» CMF Member
There is a search function on the home page, just above the active topics box...

I'll give you some keywords to type in if you're genuinely interested:

K11 GA16DE
K11 SR20DE
K11 SR16VE
K11 SR20DET (GTiR)

Sean

CMF_sukoo

» CMF Member
simply_mighty WROTE:

"There is a search function on the home page, just above the active topics box...<BR><BR>I'll give you some keywords to type in if you're genuinely interested:<BR><BR>K11 GA16DE<BR>K11 SR20DE<BR>K11 SR16VE<BR>K11 SR20DET (GTiR)<BR><BR>Sean<BR>

jus to check wif u
ga16de if install into our march
wat do we need to mod?
can it be fix wif a march lsd gearbox?
there another engine ga15de which the layout is quite similar to our cg10 n cg13 meaning the throttle body is on the top
haf another install tat?

how abt the ecu when we install the above 2 engine?
need to change as well or use back piggy ecu?

another tin is if i am able to get a cga3 engine?
can we use back a cg10 or cg13 ecu?

thank

CMF_Sean

» CMF Member
GA16DE: Will fit size wise but will require a few modifications to the RHS Chassis rail to fit, or you can use an electronic water pump. The gearbox shouldn't be much of a worry with a RS5F31A (from memory) fitting. Then you have to mate up some shafts from the gearbox to the stock K11 stub axles (hub). It would be alot better with any engine transplant to use an aftermarket ECU

GA15DE is essentially the same size as the GA16DE physically so I am assuming the same modifications are needed to fit it.

A CGA3 engine should bolt RIGHT IN as from what I've been told and heard, they are the same as the CG13 but with a few internal differences and a coil-over-spark system.

Sean

CMF_sukoo

» CMF Member
simply_mighty WROTE:

"GA16DE: Will fit size wise but will require a few modifications to the RHS Chassis rail to fit, or you can use an electronic water pump. The gearbox shouldn't be much of a worry with a RS5F31A (from memory) fitting. Then you have to mate up some shafts from the gearbox to the stock K11 stub axles (hub). It would be alot better with any engine transplant to use an aftermarket ECU<BR><BR>GA15DE is essentially the same size as the GA16DE physically so I am assuming the same modifications are needed to fit it.<BR><BR>A CGA3 engine <I>should</I> bolt RIGHT IN as from what I've been told and heard, they are the same as the CG13 but with a few internal differences and a coil-over-spark system.<BR><BR>Sean<BR>

"will require a few modifications to the RHS Chassis rail to fit" do u mean the mounting bracket or do u mean the cutting of some portion of the car body?

presently i using the RS5F31A gearbox so assume i drop in a ga15de engine so i can straight away use back my old drive shaft rite?

wat the best size for exhuast piping size if i running a high compression cg13 and a normal cg13? and wat type of muffler box should i use? is it straight flow or semi flow?

and if for cg10 and if i not wrong cg13 the injector flow rate is 135cc if i increase it to higher flow rate etc 185cc is it enough?

thank for the clarification

CMF_Yom

» CMF Member
sukoo WROTE:

"will require a few modifications to the RHS Chassis rail to fit" do u mean the mounting bracket or do u mean the cutting of some portion of the car body?

presently i using the RS5F31A gearbox so assume i drop in a ga15de engine so i can straight away use back my old drive shaft rite?

It will require engine mount modification - the drivers side works I think but the rear and front torque damper mounts will need to be modified to suit the GA. ALso the GA is physically longer than the CG13 so you won't be able to use your existing driveshafts. Custom ones will have to be built (unless you're extremily lucky...). gearox mount will also have to be custom. Gearbox will bolt onto GA just fine.

Stick with the CG. The only thing the GA offers over the CG is more capacity and on the Japanese/Australia/American motors - VTC on the intake cam!

CMF_sukoo

» CMF Member
Yom WROTE:

"sukoo WROTE:<BR><BR><BR><BR>"will require a few modifications to the RHS Chassis rail to fit" do u mean the mounting bracket or do u mean the cutting of some portion of the car body?<BR><BR><BR><BR>presently i using the RS5F31A gearbox so assume i drop in a ga15de engine so i can straight away use back my old drive shaft rite?<BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR>"</DIV><BR><BR>It will require engine mount modification - the drivers side works I think but the rear and front torque damper mounts will need to be modified to suit the GA. ALso the GA is physically longer than the CG13 so you won't be able to use your existing driveshafts. Custom ones will have to be built (unless you're extremily lucky...). gearox mount will also have to be custom. Gearbox will bolt onto GA just fine.<BR><BR>Stick with the CG. The only thing the GA offers over the CG is more capacity and on the Japanese/Australia/American motors - VTC on the intake cam!<BR>

oic
if there a need to mod to the car body
then there a need to tink twice for it loh
kekekkekee
thank bro

Back