engine stutter

CMF_Mike R

» CMF Member
I have noticed that when I lift my foot off the throttle , and then reapply ... the engine stutters for a few seconds , the same when I brake and then put the power back on , but if I just ease off the throttle and then put the power back on the engine is ok .. any ideas at what to look at ?

it is a standard year 2000 1 liter with coil packs and a Bosch inlet .

thanks

Mike

CMF_Mike R

» CMF Member
I think the hose from the rocker cover to the airbox could present a problem ..it supplies oil mist into the air upstream of the air filter and MAF despite the efforts of that little bit of wadding in the filter box !!! .. I am looking at changing this .. any tidy suggestions ?

K&N suggest oil cannot upset a MAF ..but this is contaminated oil and other things coming out of the engine !!!!

CMF_Mike R

» CMF Member
just pulled the MAF out and inspected the sensor bit with a 4x magnifying glass , found it to be quite dirty with black grimy spots ....
I cleaned it with some Maplin contact cleaner and put it back shiny and clean .... car seems a lot better but will see how it goes over the next week .. also cleaned out all the air box and the rocker box vent wad in the air box .

would recommend short squirts of the cleaner so that the MAF does not get too cold and stress anything .

I also put some saw slots in the MAF screws so I dont need the security bit again to get them out !!!!!

Back