engine size name....

squarepants

Ex. Club Member
i've been speaking to people about this and some say its illegal (iam pritty sure it is) and some say it isnt illeagl!

if the car was down as a cg10de and the engine name (on the block) if its grounded off is it illeagl? if insured it as a 1.3 would that be illegal, even tho they/ I dont have proof of that its a cg13de with there beeing no name.

i.e if i crahsed and they looked at the engine name (grounded off) would they do me over? with me having no proof its a cg10de or insurnace fraud?

or if i cahnged it to a cg13de on the books etc, and insured it as a cg13de would that still be illegal with it having no name on the block?

why dont u put the 1.0 block in and keep all the 1.3 things in so it looks like a 1.0

would still be illeagl if i carshed it tho lol...i was gonna do that, but i might just drop in a 1.0, the after abit drop in a 1.3 or just buy a 1.3 micra if ive wrote it off.

they would never no cos it would have the serail for a 1.0 on the block

You are talking about sommat extremely stupid and illegal here. Lying to your insurance company being the biggest.

If they find out you will face a criminal record and a serious fine, plus noone else will ever insure you, ever.

Not worth the risk, etch the number on it if you know it.

squarepants

i would put your 1.3 crank and rods into a 1.0 block that you have a reciept for
insurance engineers will check chassis and engine no,s if its written off

You are talking about sommat extremely stupid and illegal here. Lying to your insurance company being the biggest.

If they find out you will face a criminal record and a serious fine, plus noone else will ever insure you, ever.

Not worth the risk, etch the number on it if you know it.

its fraud, however thers thousands of drivers driving around without declared modifications,ie alloys,bodykits,lowering kits,induction kits,bucket seats, etc etc etc, lads come to me all the time thinking theyll get found out there engine has been changed at mot, you wont, insurance will only check your engine if its a serious crash where others are hurt, i had a crash years ago with a lad who has an astra 1.6 16v with a redtop conversion non declared,nothing happend,as far as i know he trailered his car back home and stripped it!!!

well i was told today, if i re-stamp the engine to say Cg13de and insure it as a 1.3 it will be leagal? i thought once its been un-stamped its illeagl full stop and you can get done by re-stamping it?

squarepants

it would arouse suspision if you did it to a 1 year old bm, but i doubt the police would persue it on a 10 year old micra eh !

well i was told today, if i re-stamp the engine to say Cg13de and insure it as a 1.3 it will be leagal? i thought once its been un-stamped its illeagl full stop and you can get done by re-stamping it?

the engine's knackered anyway!!! i've told you this. dean only put it back in as he was rebuilding the other one and turboing it.
just get a cg10 and jobs a good en.
it's not just a case of it saying 'CG13' it also needs an engine number!

well when i take this engine out iam gonna strip it down, and build a supercomp cg13. well i best try and find a cg10 then lol. they go cheap as chips anyways :p what happend to the cg10 of yours?

well when i take this engine out iam gonna strip it down, and build a supercomp cg13. well i best try and find a cg10 then lol. they go cheap as chips anyways :p what happend to the cg10 of yours?

it went to the scrap yard. but i gave rich's old cg10 to Soixantaine, you could try pm'ing him as he only wanted the pistons i think. maybe he'll give the bare block to you? but looking at his profile, he's not been on since november. worth a try though.

misrepresentation and fraud.

Much like putting the wrong milage on your car it's not really illegal until you try to pass it off as something it's not.

if you was to make a claim and you had say a k+n airfilter or somthing and they decided to void your insurance then what consiquences are you looking at? i've never had to make a claim but i declair as much as i can because i've heard that if they can find a way to screw ya they will.

they will still pay out to the third party, but will take you to court to recover their costs. It would be more expensive than just declaring it

Back