engine rebuild progress

CMF_jaxx

» CMF Member
well finally i am ready to get the turbo conversion underway....

i bought a 2nd hand engine from a scrappy yesturday. i heard it running just fine on tue, no rust build up or anything. it was a new 1.3 micra to the scrappies this week and only had a small knock to the back end, so well chuffed with that.....

the reason i'am buying a 2nd engine is because by using my current engine would mean i would have no car untill completion.

anyway the engine is being stripped down today.

i will post all updates of the build here, and post pics when i get them.

CMF_jaxx

» CMF Member
well the engine has been stripped down and the engine was sent off last week to get some machine work done on it:

planned engine work:

cylinders bore out 1mm increasing engine capacity
head skimmed
crank balanced
port work, opening up both the inlet and outlet ports

will give u more this week when i get an update myself.

only pic i gt so far:

CMF_jaxx

» CMF Member
the car is in the garage now and is well underway. the engine should be out by end of tomorrow and the Greddy Emanage installed. pics wen i get them. comments welcome.

CMF_jaxx

» CMF Member
arias pistons and crower rods direct from the USA. yes it hopefully will fly but i may need to get the turbo reconditiond to get the full potential out of the engine.

everything coming together very quickly now. the guys have been working on it none stop today. a bit of a problem with the cams but thats been sorted now. also a little bit of the chassis had to be cut away aswell as part of the bumper to let the I/C breath aswell as fit correctly.

the pipework for the I/C arrived today along with the camcover all powder coated in a dark samco blue, looks mint. also my blitz dump valve arrived today.

coming along now, they are hoping to get the engine in and all pipework etc installed by the end of tomorrow depending how things go.

CMF_blake83

» CMF Member
wow...
thats cool real cool

how long have arias and crower been making parts for cg13de??? are they forged
and what is the exact bore size now

CMF_jaxx

» CMF Member
don't know about the bore size, if you know the original then its just a 1mm larger bore.

the pistons and rods were a custom job, you cant buy them off the shelf unforchunately.

CMF_jaxx

» CMF Member
respect, whish i got more of it lol. i get called on a regular basis for what i am doing to this car, it good fun though, but it will be one of a kind, unique, special, a shame when i tell people what i have done all they see is a £ sign.

more comments and questions welcome. message me if u prefer.

CMF_jaxx

» CMF Member
in leigh? no way. do you live in leigh, av seen a wide kit on a micra round leigh. prob you m8. modified micras near me...rare lol

CMF_GT

» CMF Member
I like what you sad about the money.
To me it’s my baby so il spend any amount on my micra and it’s so easy to brag how much you have spent. I find more fun in letting the car talk.
And respect is needed hear.

CMF_kristian...

» CMF Member
jaxx WROTE:

"in leigh? no way. do you live in leigh, av seen a wide kit on a micra round leigh. prob you m8. modified micras near me...rare lol

Yer, how many wide arch micras exist? yes the yellow one was mine?...

Thats the kit on the New 2.0 micra.. Im in leigh near pennington..

CMF_jaxx

» CMF Member
lol yi fair point mate it must b you. cant belive you live so close and i only seen you a few times.

i heard it running today, sounds meeeaty, completley different. cant wait be running boost, the lads at the garage have worked hard and solid for over a week on it and its looking awesome under the bonnet.

CMF_jaxx

» CMF Member
the engine and turbo have both been fully installed now. i am currentley breaking in this new engine with the new pistons and rods etc for 500 miles not exceding 3K RPM. then i need to change to a synthetic oil and change the filter.i can then push the car a little bit further. the paddle clutch thats on now is so snappy, when im running boost its going to launch this car like there's no tomorrow lol.
i will post some pics up if anyones interested in what the engine bay looks like now. also the Emanage still need mapping but for now its at least resonably drivable lol.

CMF_evade

» CMF Member
wheres that turbo outlet pipe go to? wouldnt it have been easier to rorate the compressor housing ..so it pointed down.. instead of having to bend around?

oh wait the alternator is right there aint it..silly me

CMF_jaxx

» CMF Member
55bhp, no i didnt send it us again mate.

it could not be rotated due to the actuator, there is literally no more room for anything in that area. and yes the alternator would be to close for comfort to be honest.

CMF_jaxx

» CMF Member
no kristian. the engine in the micra you saw is the rebuilt 1. i need to do 500 miles to break it in before it goes back in the garage. if you saw it you probably heard it to. its such a racket now, the exhaust is hitting and vibratin on something. its the paddle clutch that really needs breakin in. from seting off to changing to 2nd is a nightmare alone. but at certain engine rpm vibrations are coming left right and centre lol. will all be sorted when its maped and the fuel side of things are sorted out.

'55BHP is more than enough', might not be a good idea at present but when its done yes no problem...if ur that desperate you can see it now though if you wish, PM me again. am not that far from reebox miself.

CMF_jaxx

» CMF Member
everything is standard mate and it rattles like mad. hopefully when this clutch is broken in it will not be as bad, the dampners cisco has i really want but i think he mentioned that you can only get them from japan, b-crews or something. surley there is something similar out there. anyone?

55bhp - yi i will p.m as soon as its complete. at mo its a mess lol

kristian - am sure we will bump into each other...hopefully not literally lol

CMF_jaxx

» CMF Member
well i have done the 500 miles and its been a nightmare. need to get an oil change and overall check tomorrow. then hopefully i can push it a little bit harder. but still need to do the 1000 mile before its mapped and running boost.

also i have had a full 2.5" exhaust system installed straight through, this has sorted that anoying rattling noise.

CMF_kristian...

» CMF Member
How much was your full exhaust system??, im going to replace the full exhaust on my turbo micra too. Im just looking at the options..

Could really do with seeing your car mate.. to get some ideas on where to go with mine..

How much boost do you intend to run? and what BHP at the wheels you going for?

Cheers buddy.

CMF_kristian...

» CMF Member
22706lq6.jpg

cimg1768tp2.jpg

Your set-up isn't a million miles away from mine..

Back