RATTLING NOISE IN SPECIFIC REVS

Dear all,

I would like to submit a problem that I have entountered lately in my 160 SR.
Suddenly a rattling noise appeared that seems to be somewhere in the end of the dashboard or the start of the hood (looking from inside out).
The noise starts around 2500 rpm(doesnt exist prior to that) and dissapears when you accelerate a above that.
The dealership added some silicon sprey in the plastic plate under the wipers with no results.
Then they changed something in the exaust close to the engine and the noise got less loud but still exists.
I am wondering if anyone has the same problem and maybe has a solution to offer

Dear all,

Suddenly a rattling noise appeared that seems to be somewhere in the end of the dashboard or the start of the hood (looking from inside out).
The noise starts around 2500 rpm(doesnt exist prior to that) and dissapears when you accelerate a above that.
The dealership added some silicon sprey in the plastic plate under the wipers with no results.
Then they changed something in the exaust close to the engine and the noise got less loud but still exists.

Probably your heat shield mate, this is located underneath the front of your car. If you look under the very front you will find a loose bit of metal in a cylinder shape that you can move up and down.

To fix: buy some metal zip ties and tie it up tight to the metal Spring like thing above. Works well.

Please do not copy exactly what I have done as that was a quick job and I have since redone it properly with thick metal ties.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    449.3 KB · Views: 421
Dear all,

If it's like in this video, then it's the heat shield and can be easily fixed as Jason suggested. Some people take the shield of entirely without ill effects, I hear.

Dear all,

Hi,

I had this problem some while back. Went through all the usual things that might cause the rattle.

As time went by the rattle moved to a different rev band. It was the internals of the cat converter breaking up.

Might be worth giving the cat converter a tap or two with a soft hammer to see if that is where the rattle is coming from.

Best regards.

OP
OP
T
No it's not so loud and it just like something got lose in the dashboard and does this.I lol check in the dealership next week and let you know.Thanks for the help