Electrical Problems

RedRocket1

Club Member (Trial)
Today i got my janspeed manifold and full system fitted on along with 50mm lowering springs.
When i got my car back it seems everytime i switch my engine off, everything resets such as the stereo and the clock. And they come on when they like, tonight i was driving for 5 minutes before anything came on.
And my central lockin has went wonky, when i lock the door only the front doors lock and the back doors dont.
Anybody know whats going on and how it can be fixed?(Y)

Today i got my janspeed manifold and full system fitted on along with 50mm lowering springs.
When i got my car back it seems everytime i switch my engine off, everything resets such as the stereo and the clock. And they come on when they like, tonight i was driving for 5 minutes before anything came on.
And my central lockin has went wonky, when i lock the door only the front doors lock and the back doors dont.
Anybody know whats going on and how it can be fixed?(Y)

what have you changed? other than the jan and the springs.

all i can think of is that you have knocked something when doing the jan and you have a loose wire in the engine bay.

It wasnt me that fitted the stuff, i was going out last night and my mates dad offered to have it all done by this morning. Wont be doing that again.
So will the haynes manual explain how to sort it or is this complicated?

It wasnt me that fitted the stuff, i was going out last night and my mates dad offered to have it all done by this morning. Wont be doing that again.
So will the haynes manual explain how to sort it or is this complicated?

it will be better if you have a look under the bonnet and look for a loose wire or something. check the fuses too, but it does sound like some intermitent connection.

Ok mate, i'll have a look tomorrow and keep it updated.
Cheers for the help NeX.

Well i had a look and all the fuses are fine, except that im not sure of something. In the fuse box theres a big green one missing. Im not sure if this is normal or not.
And i noticed that when i switch the engine on, no electrical things go on until i press on the accelarator.
Anybody know?

Anyone?

so, if you turn the key to 1 stop before the starter kicks in there are no dashlights, then when you push the throttle down they come on ?

That was the case, now im just back from being out in it and its completely knackered.
The engine wont even start any more and and only starts with a bump start.
And theres no power getting to it, i put my foot down in 1st and it got to about 5mph.

The boy who fitted the stuff is coming over tomorrow but i am just checking if its something simple.

Back