Electric Windows

R

ricardo_swarez

i want to make my micra have electric windows, what micras have electric windows? just the super s? any other surgestions of kits?

goldstar0011 said:
???

A lot of people including me would love to do this but unfortunatly im not aware of anyone that has. I would imagine that you would need the motors from the doors, the doorcards with the longer armrests in with the electric window buttons and all thw wiring. I know G was gonna attempt it but not sure if he got round to it. You could always buy one of the kits off ebay and just get the doorcards with buttons in and instead of wiring them to the buttons supplied just wire them to the micra buttons, not 100% sure if it would work but i think it should. Unfortunatly trying to get the doorcards with electric windows is really hard

are we talking k11?

i'm about to give it a go, i've chucked the arm rests becuase they seem to plug into some magic box that i left behind doh!

so all i'm gonna do it bolt the motors in (straight fit)
and then run some wire to a set of toggle switches that i got form maplins.

the only problem it that the motor wont stop when the window gets to the top...

the arm rest switches are soft touch and can't be directly wired to any electric window system apart from the original.

will let you know how i get on but should be really easy :)

well if you have a 1.3 the job will be very easy as all 1.3's share the same looms, so you just need to screw in the motors etc and it plugs in, hey presto. I know some 1.0l's have EW so they might be the same, but i couldnt confirm this.

no idea mate sorry.

i had a hunt for it but i didn't have time to trace the wires. i would have thought that there is only one but i know there is one becuase the wires coming from the arm rests are thin and the motor wires are thick, if the arm rest was directly connected to the motor then it would melt the wires...

it's not under the steering wheel thou

Back