electric windows

jim_bling

Ex. Club Member
hey guys and girls i have just got my self some electric windows and door cards out of a pre face lift micra i no the door cards fit but the harnesses for the windows are they already in the car as standard or will i have to cut cables etc if any one has a guide or anything help will be much apprectiated or how eva ya spell that word

hey Jim i installed the leccy windows in mine...

i got the window mech with motor attched and door cards with switches....

did my own harness tho...

Post pics of everything you got and i'll do you a guide...

Make sure you show me all the wiring, as i dont own the car anymore...

ok i no where most of the cables go but the bloke i got them off said that the plugs would already be in my car but i cant find them here is the two photo`s i think one is for my speakers the one with the 6 wires the other one has 3 wires i think thats the one for the windows and central locking but im not having central locking

right i have been lookin at the cables and i need both of them for my windows to work so as much help would be great bear in mind that my car is a face lift one and i am tryin to put pre face lift electric windows in

Right mate thought you would have more connectors than that tbh, but i did the same (not having C/locking)...

This is all from memmory so correct me if i'm wrong, i'm 99% sure tho...

Firstly strip off all the insulation tape, this helps alot...

Starting with Passenger side:

Fit the new mech in place from the motor there are two wires on a plug, Grey/Red and Grey/Blue... these are thicker than the rest....

they trace back to another connector plug which goes into the Passenger control unit...

the block has few more thinner wires...

Green(X), White(X), Yellow(+ Batt) and Black(-Ground)...

have these wires preped and extended/shortend to the right legnth depending on where you want to source your power...

NB: i powered mine behind the stereo so had all the wires fed through hanging out the middle console by this point... Moving on...

Drivers side as above, bar the Drivers side controlunit plug has one more wire...

Along with the Green, White Yellow and Black there is Red
/Blue(+IGN)

ALL OTHER WIRES ARE NEGLIGIBLE AND WERE CUT OFF AND TAPED UP FOR FUTURE USE (C.Locking)...

the wires from both sides should al now be hanging through the centre console OR where you have chosen to get power from...

the wires all connect to the same colour of the other side...

the Green and White wires allow driver to control passenger window...
the Yellow powers the motors from batt
the Black is Negative which can be alternatively grounded locally...
the Red/Blu is IGN and obviously only allows operation while keys are in...

i hope this guide helps you out....

Please takes lots of godd snaps of each step and do a guide for us as it will be a great help to others in the same situation...

Back