electric windows

got some electric windows basicly i thought it was just a swap plug in and play and they dont work, so can anyone tell me how to wire them in?

i thought this to, i pulled them all out of the car (just infrount of the wing) pluged them in turned the car over and no joy

have you used prefcaelift electric window mecinizem? (carnt spell lol) just thinking you may have used a facelift one where as they are completley diffrent!

hi, i installed leccy windows to my 1.0l micra. easy peasy. there is no magic box. i searched for a good hour in the donor micra, and couldnt find it (removed the whole dash)
i then went to an auto electrician, who confirmed there is no control box for the windows.
i took a feed to a wire, and earthed them on the doow, there is an earth, and a feed, and then two "control" wires, which join on to them.
i will look at the colours, and take a pic to show, but mine work fine, and have been problem free for 3+months.
i have the basih door cards, and these were easy to mod to make the longer arm rests fit
you wil need more trim clips, as there are five bolts, not two.
the only thing with mine, i havent wired in the central locking switch, as i have remote locking, and i havent got the second switch on the drivers side to operate the passenger window, not really tried though..

hi, i installed leccy windows to my 1.0l micra. easy peasy. there is no magic box. i searched for a good hour in the donor micra, and couldnt find it (removed the whole dash)
i then went to an auto electrician, who confirmed there is no control box for the windows.
i took a feed to a wire, and earthed them on the doow, there is an earth, and a feed, and then two "control" wires, which join on to them.
i will look at the colours, and take a pic to show, but mine work fine, and have been problem free for 3+months.
i have the basih door cards, and these were easy to mod to make the longer arm rests fit
you wil need more trim clips, as there are five bolts, not two.
the only thing with mine, i havent wired in the central locking switch, as i have remote locking, and i havent got the second switch on the drivers side to operate the passenger window, not really tried though..

awsome bud ta, think the misses wud do her top nd lay a square one if she cudnt have workin windows!

fuse is there, even had a look at the micra bible (haynes manual) to chek the amp of the fuse, ive had the drivers side conrowl box of bud it doesnt look like thers anywere for a fuse to go

i took a a feed to a fuse box (out of a polo, from the scrappers) which i have mounted in the engine bay, this has a fuse for each window, and for my remote central locking. try to keep it neat and safe.
my dad made me put fuses in, he didnt want me setting fire if it went tits up. lol.

Back