electric door mirror

Bought a new electric door mirror for my k11 that i purchased that had been fitted with a manual one but on trying to fit the new one i found that the plastic connector in the door was missing and what was left had more wires than the one that I bought witch is supposed to be heated as well. Any help as where I can get the connector or any info on witch wires are witch?

Did the car originally have powered mirrors and then replaced with manual mirrors and you want to return these to powered ones again or as Agent_Sm1th asked are you converting your manual ones to powered ones?? o_O

If your are converting from manual to powered mirrors your car will have to have the wire loom in the doors to support the operation of powered mirrors if not this could be a major wiring job or has the previous owner simply snipped the plugs off for some reason??

There are 2 wires that go into the plug but if you trace them they are jointed into another connector plug with more wires then into a rubber sleeve that goes from the door hinge edge into the chassis and into another connector/relay located in a void in the chassis which is very difficult to access without removing some major electrical component's such as the fuse box etc!

Here's a pic of the powered mirror plug and wires in the door
P5251215A.jpg

Hope this helps!

Andy :D

Back