ecu?

CMF_bigchief3679

» CMF Member
would really like to know this as well, i've just completed a cg10 turbo install in a mini but using ga15 injectors and no xtra management. relocated MAF pre-turbo and statically retarded the distributor. 6 psi stock but should drive by tomorrow and let you know how it goes!
DSC00671.jpg

CMF_bigchief3679

» CMF Member
small change of plans. ga15 injectors are useless on a cg10 turbo without management. re fitted cg10 injectors and installed 5th injector in throttle body with adjustable pressure switch which switches on at 2psi. injector pulsed by distributor signal and works quite well. A/F slightly rich (just outside stoich.) which is very safe. currently running 8psi and very pleased. losing traction when injector energised! will post pics of the install later on.
i must say thanks for all the info on turboing available on this website, hopefully i won't make a post titled "bigchief goes boom!" anytime soon!

CMF_bigchief3679

» CMF Member
from what i understand a MAF cannot see or detect boost (air under pressure) and therefore all that extra un-metered air leads to a lean mixture. this is why a MAP is more suitable for turbo applications. relocating the MAF also creates problems (learnt from experience) if the BOV isnt recirculated as the ecu meters fuel for this "lost air" causing bogging down due to extreme richness on gear changes. also, when the ecu sees this amount of air it advances engine timing which is the worst thing for a boosted engine, causing severe pinging! the idle in my case was also horrible. by relocating the MAF the ECU 'sees' exactly how much air is entering the engine and meters fuel to suit. i had to re-relocate the MAF back to the throttlebody when i decided to go fifth injector and pressure switch. the big plus here is that off-boost the car drives normally with great mpg and torque curve. the switch into boost is quite dramatic! hope that answers ur ques.

CMF_bigchief3679

» CMF Member
am wondering if i should create a new thread for the cg10 turbo build on my austin mini,(since this its a hijacked thread fron alienfish) its finished and i've got pics but its not exactly a forced 'micra' wat do you think???

CMF_Alienfish360

» CMF Member
ooops, forgot about this thread.

Nice going bigchief that you got it running.

I came across an e-manage blue with MAP sensor for a good price, so I'm going to be going down that route now.

CMF_nz_aj

» CMF Member
Turbo nissan have the MAF prior to the turbo.
Should still be functional in the middle thou, its a Mass airflow sensor, i.e. the pressure doesn't matter. Much better than calculating the mass from measured pressure & temperature.
Anyway it'd be nice not to run the unrealiable factory MAF.
That is a really tiny turbo.
The standard injectors are the same as the CG13 so they should be fine running 4psi in the CG10. Are you running a rising rate fuel pressure regulator?

Back