ECU

CMF_RTK

» CMF Member
I am looking into getting an ECU/Piggyback for when I turbo my Micra, I did some research and have seen a lot of forced micras running just Piggybacks? Which is a better option; full aftermarket or just piggy back? Thoughts please?

CMF_antos

» CMF Member
Piggyback would be fine for us in the micras mate, unless you want full programable to play with? I had a haltec in mth.y evo which had all the options to play wiith. all comes down to money, how much you want to sprnd, yhe amount of tuning and who does it

CMF_RTK

» CMF Member
I was thinking of running just a Haltech 500 they are cheap enough, then just wire it in and get a tune :)

CMF_frank2

» CMF Member
woohoomobile WROTE:

"has anyone looked into the nistune boards for the later k11?

loom swap required? for use in early k11s?

im not familiar with the later ones yet.

i think your ecu,s are the same as our pre-nats oblong ones,( as in pic) our later (nistune type 4 ?) nats ones are bigger/square and have a slightly different pinout.
and any piggyback without spark/timing control (safc etc) will mess with the timing map to some degree, as you alter the maf signals

Attachments

• 79887.jpg
    79887.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 22

CMF_RTK

» CMF Member
k11-king WROTE:

"keeping your micra RTK ? good to see wouldn't want to loose such a fine specimen

Yeah mate, want to turbo it then see what trouble I can into with it hahah
woohoomobile WROTE:

"has anyone looked into the nistune boards for the later k11?

loom swap required? for use in early k11s?

im not familiar with the later ones yet.

Thought about it, had a look into it, not worth it! It's just an extra board; and if you go the aftermarket ECU might be better for spark and fuel and stuff

CMF_RTK

» CMF Member
OZChris WROTE:

"RTK WROTE:

"I was thinking of running just a Haltech 500 they are cheap enough, then just wire it in and get a tune :)"</div>

You can usually find a cheap one on eBay :)

Yeah or go brand new

Back