ECU Mappings

CMF_crumpets

» CMF Member
Question has been asked many times but not a whole lot recently.

Going a mild NA route with Extractors, Exhaust, Cold Air Intakes, GA15 Injectors + Throttlebody would an ECU remap/piggyback ecu or stand alone ecu be neccesary?

I assume my main concern would be ensuring it does not run lean (and thus avoiding the problems that generates)?

Ive read a few things on both UK and AUS forums with options (from Jaycar or here http://www.micra.com.au/images/community/forums/29861.jpg) but still not 100% on it all.. Kinking the fuel lines seems to be my best option

Id rather not go the route of messing with the ECU as I am not going to go for anything more than what I mentioned (No cams/no head work/etc).

Any feedback/suggestions would be appreciated

smidge

» CMF Member
check out the articles section ^ up there if you haven't already, good $1500 NA tuning guide

you can't really tell if its running lean without a wideband sensor or dyno run to confirm, its best to do that first anyway because your ECU will learn a fair bit itself trying to keep the mixtures correct

CMF_crumpets

» CMF Member
Yeah thats the guide I was going off but switching to headers/exhaust and cold air intake is not so much my worry, its when moving to the bigger throttlebody and injectors.

Ive spent the last 2-3 weeks reading up during work time (joyous office jobs) and not getting much work done but still not 100% concrete on path to follow

you don't need bigger injectors to run that setup you've listed. waste of money.. there won't be any gain what so ever. don't be tight and don't kink the fuel line/bash the fuel reg in.. that's just plain dodgy. get an adjustable fuel reg. or at most an apexi safc is all you'll ever need. that said. the stock ecu will run the ga15 injectors with no worry at all.. as there not much bigger then standard injectors anyway.

CMF_frank2

» CMF Member
crumpets

i,ve seen a couple of posts claiming that you need an extra 30% fuel enrichment in the midrange, probably to cure a flatspot at 2 to 5000 that tends to appear with the mods your planning.
i rely on my multimeter wired to the stock lambda to warn me of any leanspots, but with it being narrow band, it does,nt tell me how much acceleration enrichment i,m getting

frank

CMF_sportsclassic

» CMF Member
crumpets WROTE:

"Yeah thats the guide I was going off but switching to headers/exhaust and cold air intake is not so much my worry, its when moving to the bigger throttlebody and injectors.<BR><BR>Ive spent the last 2-3 weeks reading up during work time (joyous office jobs) and not getting much work done but still not 100% concrete on path to follow

Crumpets, if i was you i would do the exhaust, intake, t body, and get a Apexi SAFC, the standard injectors will be fine. Our micra with a exhaust, intake, was running lean in the mid range and top end about 13.6:1, if you put a SAFC you can enrich the mixtures, our micra with those mods, tuned and dyno'd at 58fwkw. The safc's are cheap and easy to install, thats all you need for the mods you are going to do.

Back