ECU "piggy back mods" on ebay

CMF_BMac

» CMF Member
hey guys,

new to the site.

what's the story on these ECU "piggy back mods" on ebay?

http://cgi.ebay.ie/45BHP-VARIPOWER-...9818554QQihZ001QQcategoryZ72205QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.ie/NISSAN-100-200-3...7384838QQihZ002QQcategoryZ32094QQcmdZViewItem

I read an earlier blog about a "resistor" potentially melting wiring harness'

I just picked up a 1996 March 1.0L,looking for easy pony upgrades besides the usually intake/exhaust options.

I'm a Canadian living in Dublin, my oldman raised me busting knuckles on 70's retro muscle cars. So, ECUs and fuel injection systems leave me a little skittish. But I want to learn!

Cheers
BMac

PS the March won me over, big time. I fell in love with the car instantly! want to ship it back to CAN. Great website too!

CMF_kneival

» CMF Member
Makes engine think intake air is colder than it is. ECU adds much more fuel and apparently "increases" power. However too much fuel isnt always a good thing!!

Your CAT convertor will get ruined due to excessive fuel when its cold and you may even loose performance and waste more fuel.

Basically not worth it, only go for the real deal piggybacks and have them setup properly, as above after intake/exhaust mods completed.

CMF_BMac

» CMF Member
thanks for the advice,

will stay clear

how much Hp or Hp gain is typical for the 1.0L, with standard intake/exhaust mods. assuming stock Hp is 54hp

Plan is when i get back to CAN with March, she'll be very rare. i'd like to throw a SR20DE/SR20DET into it, so she can be total sleeper.

thanks again guys
BMac

CMF_Polar

» CMF Member
if you have a march you might like to know you will have about 57/58bhp as standard, as they have better ecu and no 2nd cat compared to the micra.

CMF_James MSC

» CMF Member
BMac WROTE:

"Plan is when i get back to CAN with March, she'll be very rare. i'd like to throw a SR20DE/SR20DET into it, so she can be total sleeper.

thanks again guys

BMac

Yeah that would be VERY rare in Canada, the only Micras officially released over there were the K10s back in the late 80s! Should certainly turn some heads! The closest thing I saw to a Micra when I was on holiday in Canada was the Toyota Echo (called Yaris in the UK)!

Best of luck with the car! :)

James.

Back