eBay sucks

I got this e-mail, similar to the previous one, with the same address as the previous one:

Dear Seller,
Its my pleasure transacting business with you.i want to know the condition of the item, I have confirm the shipping via royalmail international signed for is 30.00GBP,And i am very sorry for any inconvinience that i migth have caused you.Because am not in United Kindom rigth now,am in the United State of American rigth now.so if i give you my address in united kindom,i will not be able to receive the item.because i want the item send to my business partner son(MICHAEL KENNETH ) as a birthday gift. in west africa country{NIGERIA}.I want the item posted via royalmail(international sign for) .And i will make the payment via paypal,because is fast,easy and save.So i want the item posted to NIGERIA,on my behalf and i will be much more appreciate it if you can do this for me.so get back to me as soon as possible.I look forward to hear from you soon,.

Here is the delivery address below:

MICHAEL KENNETH
32 Olayeni Street,
Ikeja Lagos
NIGERIA

Am hoping to hear from you soon

thanks
Rebecca

----------------------------------------------

Then I got an email form 'paypal' telling me I had money waiting and would get it when I provide a tracking number, something wrong here...

lol think your gettin the point accross now

You need bigger letters! lol. I've had that trouble before, not three times though. I sold something on behalf of Ems, and the winning bidder was American, wanting something shipped to his 'wife' in Nigeria, before we had event received payment. What sort of donkey would agree to do that anyway?

Edit - That Email you got is almost identical to the one i got! I said to them the postage would be about 2 grand or something for a joke, and they still agreed to go ahead with it, as long as the item was sent first! lol. You might aswell relist the item and just play along with them.

I replied to her email, very politely considering she was trying to rip me off:

Oh, I'm sorry, you are obviously very 'special'. It's my fault, I didn't make it clear enough, I'm not sending outside the United Kingdom, so you can $^&@ off and steal from someone else.

Thanks,
Olly

I know it's a pain, but I now do european postal options on all my ebay items and I've great success in sending items to germany, italy etc..

You reach far more people and in fact can make more money off your items doing either european postage or even international.

If you stick to the policy of never sending anything out until the money is in your account, then you should be fine. There are some instances though where as you've experienced problems with being scammed.

Kev

The only reason I am doing this item in the UK is customs are so rough it may get damaged. Most things I sell internationally.

depends if your being an arse and putting "micra, NOT saxo, 106, gti" etc. Them people should be charged tripple listing fee and cancelled :)

yep had that exact same email, i string them along and then get an "email" from paypal and ebay saying i must pay lol thing is they have real trouble spelling which i think is really funny. I told them that i contacted the international fraud department at the bristish embassy in africa and 10 nigerian policeman are about to kick down your "sons" door and charge him with international fraud. I know its a bit far fetched but i you cack them up, even for a split second then i consider it a win.

olly will you post to brazil? Im going on holiday there in 2 days and wanna use the camera when im over there :p

Back