E-bay end of auction oddness!

Kev

Pro Cut Vinyl
Founding Member
Official MSC Trader
Ok, so here I am sitting in front of my PC bidding on a new PC! lol

Watching an e-bay listing down to like 5 seconds before it ends (sniping is the way forward), my bid is placed for £360.00, I then lose the auction and are left with the below message:

http://offer.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewBids&item=190210306892&showauto=true

however it clearly says the following:

Sorry, you were outbid. This item sold to kev0007 for £360.00
yes that's my username!

I have received item not won e-mails through ebay, but it clearly says I won the auction, but the last two bids are the same on the auction list. I don't know maybe that user put in more then £360, but my max was £360, so the next value up should be £370.

Lastly I know their feedback isn't great, but I was going to pay through paypal with a credit card, so I would be pretty much 100% protected.

how odd, I might e-mail the seller and ask if they'll sell me one at the £360

Kev :(

as your bid only went in with 4 seconds to go and so did the other bid you would not of had chance to see if youve been outbid if they bid at the same time or fractionally earlier with a higher bid amount im assuming £360 was your max bid it will take their bid, and as yours wasnt higher it will just bid up to your maximum price and they win! :down:
i dont know if that comes across as sense but it happens if you snipe!
some times you win sometimes you lose best bet is to log in twice and t up a bid one you want to pay and one your absolute max your willing to pay get them both to the confirm stage, then look up the item on a third page and refresh that 10-15 sec before the end you confirm your first bid it gives you just enough time to hit you confirm on your max bid if your first was beaten!
ive been sniping for years and find this is the best way to do it. :devil:
having looked at the sellers completed listing he has previously sold the same spec of system as you were bidding on for quite a bit less so i would just wait till hes selling another one unless you want to pay extra that is. :laugh:

I just won another one they listed that ended tonight for £320.11 which was £40.00 cheaper then I bidded on last night.

No doubt I'll be waiting about 3 weeks until it arrives now lol!

I'll probably sell the keyboard, mouse, speakers and screen if anyone is interested, let me know

Kev

Back