drop in RPM

CMF_Glenj

» CMF Member
Ok had a little run for the first time since HG change and few other bits done in the track car(see other posts)

When flat out in 1st it seemed to drop revs then pick back up again half way through ( tryd to make a vid of it but again not to sure if you can hear what i mean)

Any thoughts

Cheers

CMF_Glenj

» CMF Member
Na it dropped before that then kinda kicked back it to the limiter was strange!

I taped up the hole on the disk in the dizzy and this seemed to cure while also seemed to rev quicker (could just be me tho)

Think i need to start again here tho, tape back off few runs to see if does it again and try to sort the problem

CMF_Glenj

» CMF Member
do all 1.0 do this?

so the way round this is to cover the hole on the disk in the dizzy?

^ if this is the case is there any other way of blocking/turning off the limiter instead of tape (where prying eyes can see ;)

CMF_frank2

» CMF Member
Glenj WROTE:

"do all 1.0 do this?

so the way round this is to cover the hole on the disk in the dizzy?

^ if this is the case is there any other way of blocking/turning off the limiter instead of tape (where prying eyes can see ;)

there appears to be another option glen, the fsm says that
"the engine speed is detected by measuring the time the slit needs to pass the optical sensor"
so when i shortened the slots to test this my tacho ran at about 2 x normal.
i then removed the 3 tapes and left just the cyl#1 on......still the same.
so this probably explains why when i extended the cyl# 1 slot on my old 1.0 engine in the red car, that it valvebounced before the 6900 limiter kicked in (ie, the tacho was under-reading because of the extended slot, and was probably revving @ 8k+ !)

Attachments

• 83574.jpg
    83574.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 34
Back