driving styles

hoopdub

Club Member (Trial)
righto guys my micra will be on the road mid next month. never had a 16v engine before, allways 8v. id say my driving style is economical haha mainly because im currently driving a 999cc polo 6n, had a lupo before that with the same engine. now im swapping to a 1L k11. being a 16v will i have to adjust my driving style, im normally shifting waaay before 4k revs, car sounds like its about to blow much above that haha. how are micras for daily driving?

Changing before 4k is classed as Eco driving, in the yaris I almost always change before 4k whereas in my micra 5/6k (I like how it sounds at those revs)

I change at 1400 mostly, chilled out driving lol. Being that mine red lines at 6k, i never go over 5. No point, by the time you hit 4.5 the power's dropping down on it's curve, i get the most kick from mine at 2400 - 4000.

When im eco driving i use these techniques and gear changes:

Pull off in first straight into second 15mph into third 20-25mph into fourth gear and 30mph into fifth. If you want to be eco change at 1500-2000rpm, you have to think ahead aswell and anticpate the traffic and the road. Momentum is the key so i dont really brake or slow down for roundabouts (obviously if its safe) If you can stick to that and keep momentum up then your all good.

With those techniques and some others i can get easy 500 miles outa a full tank and that was a bit of mixed driving, i think i could do even more then that!

Back