Driveshaft

CMF_Snoopy

» CMF Member
a88 WROTE:

"Yea thought they were different. I ordered the pair from eBay and they don't have abs rings.

Some places do some dont. If you have trouble finding them with the abs rings, give a few c.v shops a call. They usually have better listings and better product knowledge than places like repco, ebay etc.

CMF_Rudy

» CMF Member
the superS shafts i got are still attached to hubs and not sure if the teeth you see attached to shafts or not. They look like part of the shaft?

Attachments

• 74075.jpg
    74075.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 22

CMF_Snoopy

» CMF Member
From the pic looks like they are part of the hub. I never playied with a super s front end so not sure. Im sure someone with a super S has pullied their c.v out before and can confirm

CMF_Snoopy

» CMF Member
I just had a look at the haynes manual I have and it shows the abs ring as part of the c.v joint. That pic of the hub, are you sure that is not a rear hub as the tone wheel is part of the hub on the rear.

CMF_asdame

» CMF Member
the abs rings are tolerance fitted onto the hub.

back when i thought a rear abs hub for £90 was soo expensive, i just got a non-abs hub £35, asked machinist to lathe the body down and swap the rings

Attachments

• 74116.jpg
    74116.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 31

CMF_Snoopy

» CMF Member
asdame WROTE:

"the abs rings are tolerance fitted onto the hub.

back when i thought a rear abs hub for £90 was soo expensive, i just got a non-abs hub £35, asked machinist to lathe the body down and swap the rings

Is it the same for the fronts as the rears?

CMF_asdame

» CMF Member
the rotating male spline/CV joint part (arrowed in pic above)

if there's enough metal thickness, u can seperate the non-abs cv joint from the driveshaft, tape up the exposed joint to stop grease flying everywhere, place the CV/spline part on lathe, lathe the precise edge on the CV casing to tolerance fit the abs ring on the exact same position as on the abs driveshaft

Back