Door seal?

so for the second day in a row it's raining, and for the second day in a row I have went out to the car and there was water on the door card/arm rest, and there was a water dripping from the top of the door, is this the door seal being worn? Or is it due to the door hinges being abit worn?
Any help appreciated,
Cheers

That's what I thought after day one, presumed I had been an idiot and left the window open so double checked before leaving it, and still water, it's nothing drastic, there's no puddles, but there's a consistent drop coming from the top of the door, and I recently fitted electric Windows and don't know if that maybe has anything to do with it? I'm pretty confident it's not, the seal isn't the best but before buying a new one id like to know if it could be anything else

Also it would be worth checking if the rubber door seal is not pinched or twisted along it's length and is located properly in the door seal channel, also check the inner door window frame seal that sits in the guide channel and forms the seal between glass and door frame a small nick or tear in this seal can cause ingress of water.

Also if you could post some pics if poss of the exact area on the door where the water is dripping from also a pic of the exterior of the top of the door?

Cheers
Andy :D

Last edited:
It's definitely located properly in the Chanel, but I will replace and see if that cures it, I knew it was rough when I fitted it but it was black like my newly fitted interior and didn't fancy using my old grey ones, that would just annoy me everytime got in the car haha

I'll take a picture tomorrow Andy, and I will also have a look at the window seal, thanks for the help.
I'll get photos of the interior tomorrow when I say black it's not fully black it's more a really dark grey it's a standard interior, the plastic within the interior is a dark grey, unlike the original and worn light grey, also the door cards carpety bit and the bit on the dash that is a different colour is a sort of blue/ turquoise which matches the colour of the car and looks so much better. Sorry for any confusion I've just always called it black because if I call it grey I just get confused with my old interior.

image.jpeg

So here's my "black interior" black seats are the next upgrade as these are a little tatty, doesn't look like much of a change I know but compared to the old interior it's a whole new ball game.
Also found a point in the door seal where it isn't in the Chanel, so will have to get a new one
image.jpeg

Hi mate excuse the stupid question if you have already done this but have you tried to remove the seal and refit it into the Channel from your pic the seal looks OK? :)

Yeah I did but in so many places the seal is bent and warped, (it was fitted really badly on donor car) I tried to straighten it out but it's not having it, a new one it is

Just an idea maybe softening it with a bit of heat then straightening it? If not fellow forum member davyboy might be able to get you a replacement one? B-)

Back