Sagging driver door (worn hinge pin and bushing)

Micra S k11 1.0 Auto 2002 (5 door).

I have the dreaded sagging door issue but only on my driver door. The door still opens and closes but the rubber seal at top doesn't press against the bodywork as it should (get a few rain drops inside the car) and the top of the driver door catches the top of the front door (see photos). The bushings appear to have basically disintegrated over time and I'm sure there will be excess wear on the pin as well.

I've tried the plank of wood against the sill trick to raise the door but goes back to as it is within a few days. My question comes in two parts, firstly where do I get a pin and bushing set that will fit my car? Secondly, has anyone done this piece of work themselves and explain it to me like I'm a 5 year old? YouTube has some videos but nothing that may be used as an equivalent for the k11.

I'm guessing I'll need to detach the door stopper halfway between the two hinges to get to the hinges themselves but don't know how to do that either. Will I need to remove the wheel arch?

Lastly, just want to thank all the posters on this forum. You have answered so many queries I had.

Attachments

• IMG_20220814_171305.jpg
    IMG_20220814_171305.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 115
  • IMG_20220814_171256.jpg
    IMG_20220814_171256.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 114
  • IMG_20220814_171249.jpg
    IMG_20220814_171249.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 145
  • IMG_20220814_171240.jpg
    IMG_20220814_171240.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 129
Micra S k11 1.0 Auto 2002 (5 door).

I have the dreaded sagging door issue but only on my driver door. The door still opens and closes but the rubber seal at top doesn't press against the bodywork as it should (get a few rain drops inside the car) and the top of the driver door catches the top of the front door (see photos). The bushings appear to have basically disintegrated over time and I'm sure there will be excess wear on the pin as well.

I've tried the plank of wood against the sill trick to raise the door but goes back to as it is within a few days. My question comes in two parts, firstly where do I get a pin and bushing set that will fit my car? Secondly, has anyone done this piece of work themselves and explain it to me like I'm a 5 year old? YouTube has some videos but nothing that may be used as an equivalent for the k11.

I'm guessing I'll need to detach the door stopper halfway between the two hinges to get to the hinges themselves but don't know how to do that either. Will I need to remove the wheel arch?

Lastly, just want to thank all the posters on this forum. You have answered so many queries I had.
Spoke to my local Nissan dealer, they still stock the door hinges but it will be £48 per hinge and will need two per door. Just need to figure out how to do it :-/

I think I remember someone saying the rear hinges on the 5 doors are the same as the fronts but because they are used far less don't get as worn, a cheap alternative could be to find some rear hinges at a wreckers and fit those.

I think I remember someone saying the rear hinges on the 5 doors are the same as the fronts but because they are used far less don't get as worn, a cheap alternative could be to find some rear hinges at a wreckers and fit those.
I suppose that saves me one headache but still haven't quite figured out how to take the front hinges off. Looks like the driver side wing needs to come off to properly access the bolts?

I suppose that saves me one headache but still haven't quite figured out how to take the front hinges off. Looks like the driver side wing needs to come off to properly access the bolts?
Yeah, as far as I remember you have to take the wing off. I know someone who has just changed the pins and bushings from some bought in Aliexpress and it worked, but expect longer than usual shipping times if you go down that route.

Yeah, as far as I remember you have to take the wing off. I know someone who has just changed the pins and bushings from some bought in Aliexpress and it worked, but expect longer than usual shipping times if you go down that route.
If you could get a listing from them that would be very helpful. I had a quick look and there's nothing listed for Micras.

If you could get a listing from them that would be very helpful. I had a quick look and there's nothing listed for Micras.
I think he used some like those:

Yeah, it doens't say Micra but I guess Nissan didn't develop their hinges a lot.

What i did to fix door wa make a couple of plastic spacers to go under the bottom hinge only. Cut some plastic which was about 1.2mm thick and drilled an 8.5mm hole in it. I loosened top hinge bolts a little and bottom hinge bolts a lot, then used a jack with towel on top to push the door up. This pulled the bottom hinge outwards and i could slide the plastic spacers under. Seems to have worked perfectly for now. I will buy the hinge kit above if the doors sag again. There is a set for Nissan Navara on ali express for £3.50. Ill post on here if i ever buy and fit them, but for now doors are working as good as new.
Door Hinge Repair Kit Door Hinge Pin Bushing Kit For Nissan Navara 97-05 D22 Truck Pickup High Strength Corrosion-Resistant https://a.aliexpress.com/_EI1V7b9

Attachments

• 20230406_124123.jpg
    20230406_124123.jpg
    944 KB · Views: 69
  • 20230406_140256.jpg
    20230406_140256.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 85
  • Screenshot_20230407_112714_AliExpress.jpg
    Screenshot_20230407_112714_AliExpress.jpg
    440.3 KB · Views: 76
What i did to fix door wa make a couple of plastic spacers to go under the bottom hinge only. Cut some plastic which was about 1.2mm thick and drilled an 8.5mm hole in it. I loosened top hinge bolts a little and bottom hinge bolts a lot, then used a jack with towel on top to push the door up. This pulled the bottom hinge outwards and i could slide the plastic spacers under. Seems to have worked perfectly for now. I will buy the hinge kit above if the doors sag again. There is a set for Nissan Navara on ali express for £3.50. Ill post on here if i ever buy and fit them, but for now doors are working as good as new.
Door Hinge Repair Kit Door Hinge Pin Bushing Kit For Nissan Navara 97-05 D22 Truck Pickup High Strength Corrosion-Resistant https://a.aliexpress.com/_EI1V7b9
I purchased these or similar from Ali Express but never used them. From what I could see, the pin and bushings can't be knocked out, the head of the pin would need to be grinded down and then hammered out. I did similar to @Mushepea above and put some rubber washers between the body and the bottom hinge. Still not perfectly aligned but does stop the door from catching.

Back