Door Card Question

Jny*Jon

Ex. Club Member
Hello all Not sure where to post this just wondering if you can replace K11 doorcards with newer ones fron the facelift version i have a 93 Super S (in black hee hee) but im not keen on the door cards!! was thinking of recovering them with a leatherett type material but before i do was just wondering if there are nicer ones i can just swap over to?? Theme for car is black and blue. :grinning:

Jny

I think all Micra door cards are horrid. Nissan was persistant on using some of the most vile fabrics on this planet.

Just take the door card off and get them re-covered. It is a really simple job to do. I done mine in about half hour.

I just used some fabric and some fabric glue.

I do believe though that all the door cards are the same (could someone confirm), providing they had the same window opening type (ie both manual windows or both electric windows.)

I think all Micra door cards are horrid. Nissan was persistant on using some of the most vile fabrics on this planet.

Just take the door card off and get them re-covered. It is a really simple job to do. I done mine in about half hour.

I just used some fabric and some fabric glue.

Thank you i agree that the fabric is horrid!!

I have the manual winders so will replace them with some nice metal ones at some point and spray up the speaker cover and tray oh and handle/armrest (not sure if that will work) Could you give me some quick direction on where the screws are i know there are some in the handle/armrest where are the others?? i made the mistake with my Coupe of undoing a couple and then just pulling and getting frustrated until i realised there were more along the bottom lol!!! (its a woman thing hee hee!):girly:

Jon is going to wash Noddy at the weekend and give her a good t cut and wax, then i will get some pics of our beauty up on here. We are planning on taking the door strips off (are they easy??) i saw on here you use fishing wire to do it but what do you use to clean the glue off from underneith. Also taking the super s sticker off and the nasty little sticker liney thingys off the side of car lol

Jny

There are 2 screws in the door handle, a clip which holds the window winder thing on and you need to remove the plastic trim from around the the inside door handle mechanism.

The bottom half of the door card is held in with little plastic clip things, these should undo if you give them a little tug. You then need lift it out of the window. Which will make sense when you do it.

Once the door card is off, all the plastic bits are then screwed onto the door card from behind, these will need to be removed when you recover the door, this will also allow you a chance to re-spray them.

Hope this helps, it's been a while since I owned a K11, so am working from memory here.

Back