Door card problem

Bash1989

Ex. Club Member
Hey guys I need your help, i've fitted central locking to my car and when I went to put the offside door card back on I couldnt get the window seal to match, so i have left it like it and i went to undo my window the other day and it pulled the window out of the window regulator. Has anyone else had this problem if so how did you fix it?

IS your window still stuck in the rubber in place? Count yourself lucky if so as at least it wont leak until you get time to fix it.

Basically you just pull the door card off while someone holds the window (one hand each side) to stop it slipping out, then use a little force to get push it down and into the regulator. Use some really strong glue or carbond to stick it back into place. Then before winding the window back up spray either some wd40 into the rubber or some silicone lubricant spray. Worked a treat for me on the passenger side... Gota get some time to fix the drivers side now lol

Thanks rob thats one thing sorted out, on the door card seal it doenst match up (come in line) with the rubber window seal, this pushes the door card window seal against the glass causing the window to pop out.i'll try and get some pictures up when i get home

When I replace the door cards, I always wind the windows down so I can get the bit that overlaps the top of the door to slot in properly. Otherwise it's a right #####.

Here some pictures,you can notice the difference lol

Attachments

• Passengers side.jpg
    Passengers side.jpg
    451.5 KB · Views: 213
  • Drivers side.jpg
    Drivers side.jpg
    416.8 KB · Views: 189
Hmm i'd take the door card off, wind the window down (once its fixed) and try to push it down from that end first. Though to be fair if its that far out of line i'd imagine the pop clips wouldnt line up. Are you sure they're all in correctly?

Wind the window down, and make sure the split pins on the other side of the fold which slides into the window (if that makes sense) are flat. They have a tendency to stick up.

Then, looking at it from behind, just line it up and ram it home.

i'l take a better look in the morning when i get up,but do you guys thing that the window rubber bit could of stretched? I always wind the window down and the door has dropped on that side too

The rubber lining up is to do with the door card slotting in.

You'll think you've got it, but you haven't, because it doesn't sit right.

Take the card out completely
Make sure the split pins on the other side, of the slot which goes into the window are down flat
Now, slot the card in from the top, whilst looking at it from behind/the side to guide it in properly
Push it down in

If that helps.

thanks for the help guys ita all sorted now and i've even sealed my window in properly hehe .....drinks all round :D

lol well i bought a cheap kit from maplin, its fairly straight forward ,basically just wire it onto the battery and earth it,its got a inline fuse already too,but my drivers door motor wasnt working so i took a look and found that it was full of water lol so if your gonna fit it id suggest modding the motnr7 like i did

Back