Don't knock Japanese engineering...

thats jus plain cruel, i accidentally and i mean accidentally before everyone comes n tuts, gave my car 30 secs worth of rev limiter when i got carried away on some snow (ON A MASSIVE OPEN AREA) before you start..

and i still feel guilty now :( lol

I know where you're coming from, it does make hitting the rev limiter every now and again seem like nothing!

We had a Renault 5 and subjected it to worse than this:

Blew the head gasket.
Drained the oil and ran it.
Replaced the oil with water.
Added shampoo to the water.
Revved it as hard as it would go (no rev limiter on this badboy).
Put £2 in coppers in the cam cover and sump.
Put stones, grit, earth in the cam cover.
More water, revving.

The only reason we stopped was because the police came along, and this was after an hour of abuse, with only stops to dry out the ignition. Shame it was a heap of crap and didn't run properly when we needed it.

Andrew said:
We had a Renault 5 and subjected it to worse than this
Ed informs me you tortured an MA12 too! Sacrilege! :eek: ;)

Edit: Oops, my bad, he must have got the R5 mixed up with it :blush:

Sorry I ment this R5, what a great car, It would run for about 5 mins after you turned it off, hahahaha.

Haha, the over-running was funny. If you were careful you could get over 2 minutes of running with no ignition.

I've done in an MA12 as well, but that was beyond help and lasted only minutes.

Mike generally treated his micras like that video anyway... I think the R5 did very well in that respect, the over run was great, it sounded terrible and smelt really really bad hahaha.

My mate had a 1993 pug 106 1.0 and it was suprising how long that lasted, as he drove it near to and bouncing off the limiter everywhere, even on cold mornings!:laugh: Eventually it started to sound really noisy, so he just put some really thick oil it it! And now he's sold it after 20 thousand miles of abuse, and it was still as fast as when he got it, before it had been thrashed into the ground! So it goes to show how strong car actually are, even ones that are not performance ones! Ben:)

BenK11 said:
My mate had a 1993 pug 106 1.0 and it was suprising how long that lasted, as he drove it near to and bouncing off the limiter everywhere, even on cold mornings!:laugh: Eventually it started to sound really noisy, so he just put some really thick oil it it! And now he's sold it after 20 thousand miles of abuse, and it was still as fast as when he got it, before it had been thrashed into the ground! So it goes to show how strong car actually are, even ones that are not performance ones! Ben:)

Lol sounds like my K10

my mates dad used to have a scrapyard and one hot frustrated summer afternoon a old chap drove in with a k10 micra and said it failed mot because its got rusty sills and he dnt want it.

my mates dad said he don't want it either not worth much in parts and not worth the hassle. We took it anyway and ragged the k10 till death. I cannot remember everything we did but heres some of it.

drained all the oil and water out and redlined it for ages stil was going strong!
poured feul into the carb whilst redlining it and set it on fire stil going strong!
poured vodka wd-40 antifreeze and other flammable liquids into the feul tank it slowed down and chugged a bit blew out few flames and loads of thick smoke but still kept on going. In the end we removed the sump opened the rocker cover and poured water down there to cool it down. Tried to start it but it was dead. wish we made a video about that!

my cousin had a mini 850 engine.... they were putting a CL20xe engine in it. so before they did they had some fun...

they poured parafin into the tank... drained the water and oil and left a brick on the throttle, and went in for some lunch..... and hour and a half later and it was still screaming its nuts off...... after an inspection, they took one of the spark plug leads out and put a handfull of sand in ..... started it up and left it on redline again......30 mins later they heard a loud bang..... and it was still running, only on 3 cylinders......... they gave up on that note... but after they took it out they noticed that the cylinder with the sand in wasnt the one that blew out..........

crazy...

Andrew said:
We had a Renault 5 and subjected it to worse than this:

Blew the head gasket.
Drained the oil and ran it.
Replaced the oil with water.
Added shampoo to the water.
Revved it as hard as it would go (no rev limiter on this badboy).
Put £2 in coppers in the cam cover and sump.
Put stones, grit, earth in the cam cover.
More water, revving.

The only reason we stopped was because the police came along, and this was after an hour of abuse, with only stops to dry out the ignition. Shame it was a heap of crap and didn't run properly when we needed it.

OMG

THe old datsuns take a good beating.

I doubt any of these modern cars will able to take the same beating these old things are capable of recieving though.

From what has been happening with people who modify their cars, newer motors generally arent as built as "tough" as the older generations. Modern technology has allowed us to build things on the cheap and to the absolute minimum strength required to safe daily operation.

In the past where computers werent used there had to be a degree of "saftey" built into all components. That being thicker/stronger pistons, rods, rings, valves, etc.

Its just a hunch but I reckon if you take a healthy CG13DE and a healthy CR14DE, and abuse them both in the same way the CR will #### itself before the CG.

Back