"Donnyshow" Back to old doncaster racecourse, and at end of year??!?

Ed

Fusion Motorsport
MSC Founder
Official MSC Trader
Old MSC fans what do you make of this: http://www.donnyshow.co.uk/

http://www.donnyshow.co.uk/

[FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]forced to find a new venue 2 years ago due to the multi million pound renovation of the Doncaster Racecourse facilities. The facelift is complete and Donny is back, this time with the fun weight of the UK's biggest selling tuning magazine behind it, as Fast Car host their Mod God awards to celebrate the achievements of the enthusiasts who've spent the year building groundbreaking and scene moulding modified cars.

[/FONT]Donny was always the first event in the season, the show that every one worked so hard to get their cars and stands ready for through the winter. Donny will now be the last show in the season, giving everyone the show season to get their cars and stands up to their very best...

All seems a bit wishful thinking if you ask me. But what do I know!

depends totally on the ground, as it was VERY DUSTY and made the cars filthy straight away

wasnt really the best for layout wither i dont think, especially having to cross the track etc

wasnt too keen on the site if im totally honest

but then hey, what do we know!?

depends totally on the ground, as it was VERY DUSTY and made the cars filthy straight away

wasnt really the best for layout wither i dont think, especially having to cross the track etc

wasnt too keen on the site if im totally honest

but then hey, what do we know!?

We're micra owners (well primera in my case) looked down on by all.

I Did not really like the donny feel to be honest.

Never went to Donny when it was at the racecourse, so would be interested to see what it's like. Busy those days tho!

I think these shows are important for the car world imo. They may be extreme and have some pretty crazy stuff out there, but that's definitely a good thing not bad. They just act as a cat-walk show of the car world and I have often seen smaller ideas filter down from the more crazy cars. Also I think its important for any Jap only club to look outside the Jap world once in a while and see whats going on out there.

Anyway I think Wayne was probably most on the ball with the reply to this. It really wasnt an ideal location, but was definately the start to the year for many, so it seems strange that its now at the end when by now everyone has car show fatigue.

i started going 6 years ago and have attended everyone since.

back then (back in the day) it was full of dragsters, bikes and custom hot-rods, year on year the modded car scene started taking over and Ripspeed donny was born (free entry then for me) but then it moved to donnington park wich is a better place, (track attack anyone) and now its back to donny show ground... perfect for me, its only an hour away...lol

been to both and to be honest Donnington park is a better venue as in ground and car stance, but just never had the same feel to it!

although i never got to see the dude that gets out of the little dragster and runs around after etc either lol

but the dusty surface at the race course was a nightmare, especially if it started to pick up, choking, blinding, food being spoiled, and then the cars being dirty also.

so mixed opinions, but then i went to the war and Peace show with all the tanks and it ####ed down like it did at Glastonbury in 99 and especially with all the tanks and off roaders traveling back and forth it was a mare lol, but that made me love it more, but then that is what that show is about, trenches and stuff, lol

i feel the only reason they have transfered back is due to people complaining, but....

every one will never be happy, and both were terrible trying to get in on the morning, sat for ages, with loads of idiots driving like dicks trying to show off. loads of accidents, which kinda spoils it aswell.

its a show, so show your car, not try thrash it about like a tool.

hopefully th ek10 will be up and back on the road by then after i have rebuilt it again haha

Back