Does not start

L

lennie

Hello all, I'm new to the site!! Great site and nice to be here!!!

My 1992 K10 SLX died on the highway. All leads have been changed and I am not getting a spark from the leads nor a spark from the lead coming out of the coil. I've checked the battery ground cable and its fine, changed the coil and power transistor (we figured it may be the transistor) and still no go!!

The mechanic said there is no power/current into the power transistor and maybe a wire originating from the started switch has shorted/burned. He also mentioned it could be a relay. Any one experience this type of problem before??? Little desperate to get the beast going again, could be I am missing something very simple. Please reply with suggestions, comments. Thanks!!!!!

Lennie

Sounds like you have isolated the problem to the supply from the ignition switch to the coil/distributor.
There is not much else we can help you with.
Just trace all the wires back to see that they are okay, test to see if you are getting power to the ignition switch and check all your fuses.

Thanks for replying. I'll trace the wires, haven't done this before and it seems like a hell of a job!!!

Where, by the way, is the igition switch located, would you know? *Under the dash?? Is there a relay or anything like that involved??

Thanks!!!!

Back