K10 not starting

L

lennie

Hello all, I'm new to the site!! Great site and nice to be here!!!

My 1992 K10 SLX died on the highway. All leads have been changed and I am not getting a spark from the leads nor a spark from the lead coming out of the coil. I've checked the battery ground cable and its fine, changed the coil and power transistor (we figured it may be the transistor) and still no go!!

The mechanic said there is no power/current into the power transistor and maybe a wire originating from the started switch has shorted/burned. He also mentioned it could be a relay. Any one experience this type of problem before??? Little desperate to get the beast going again, could be I am missing something very simple. Please reply with suggestions, comments. Thanks!!!!!

Lennie

Check there is 12V on the positive side of the coil when the ignition is on, that would be a good first step.

12v on the positive side of the coil okay. I do not have the car in front of me right now yet was wondering about the fusible link on the battery +, if this is shot, will that prohibit the power transistor supplying current during start up. As the situations is now, the starter turns over fine, no spark is generated from the coil??

Lennie

Back