Do I Have An Alarm ????

Can7

Ex. Club Member
first off hi lads,just found this site and just bought a micra 1.2 sport 2007 well its 6 months old but new to me..but i need to ask,how can i tell if it has an alarm???? when i lock the car i see a red car flash on & off on the dash board all the time? is this an alarm??if its not what is it then lol,im missing the handbook:( if its not the alarm what would be a good alarm to get thnx..

HIA Mate!!

sounds like this could be an 'immobiliser' (stopscar from being driven away by a crook ("crook" LOL)

try setting your system and then being a bit 'rough' with the car from the out side...push and rock it quite violently (without scratching the paint)

...then try getting in with the key (but without pressing any key fob buttons)

see if an alarm goes off? you should be able to silence it with your key-fob button if it has got an alarm

have fun mucking about (have a beer first...BUT DONT DRIVE IT AFTER THE BEER)

have a look for ultrasonics in the front, if you have them then yes you have the upgrade alarm pack fitted so you have a cat 1 alarm fitted, if you dont have ultrasonics fitted then i recommend you buy the kit from nissan and fit it your self with the instructions supplied - easy to follow, then go to your nissan main dealer and ask them to configure the bcm for the new alarm as instructed in the instructions for the upgrade kit

thnx for you answers lads,i kinda have an ultrasonic at the front of the car but only the drivers side front,im off 2 work now but when i get time ill kick it lol lets see what happens thnx again ill post here when ive found out more:laugh:

sorted lad it has the NATS (Nissan Anti-Theft System) so im protected,also the other thing is bluetooth,works nice with my phone....

NATS is only an immobiliser. The intruder alarm (if that's what your after) is an upgrade that consists of a black box and siren (fitted in the boot) a bonnet switch (by the latch) and most visibly, 2 ultrasonic sensors in the roof by the interior light.

anyone got any ideas how much the upgrade alarm pack would cost??? im happy with the immobiliser but the alarm would be cool also...thnx...

spoke to nissan today the want £150 for the alarm plus £100 to install it,takes about an hour,the lad said i cant install it myself cod you need to plug in into a lappy to finish the installation..

you can install it yourself as one as your a keen diy'er, its just you need to go to nissan to get the new kit activated which is a 10 min job at the most

Back