Diablo II

skymera

Brutal Honesty
Incredibly old game, still amazing to play.

Anyone else still play? I'm finding multiplayer pretty lonely by myself :p

mckenziecz said:
awesome game, havent played in years

I've recently started playing again, lvl 78 Necro. Now I'm in the most difficult part of the game, I'm learning the errors of my ways.

Stat points in the wrong categories and wrong points in curses etc..

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Forum Runner

Well, continued playing tonight.

Decided to hit some wiki's and get some tips on my Summoner Necro. Seems the best route was the Bone Necro, nevermind, I just need to maximise what I've currently got.
I rely heavily / solely on my bone mages and raised skeletons, long life, good damage and means I can stay well in the clear, casting spells and curses. Nice. But now I've maxed their levels their effectiveness is becoming weaker and I'm regularly finding myself running for my life after my small army is totally obliterated.

I've always hired a mercenary of some sort, always the ranged type as they self-heal have good-ish damage and since no melee combat they seldom die and need resurrecting. I never actually took much notice of what they do, was only tonight I discovered that each type of mercenary has a benefit and can greatly benefit specific classes.
I hired the offensive mercenary from Act II Nightmare difficulty, has the "Mighty" aura which doubles the damage of anything I've raised. YESSSS, wish I only found out sooner.

The biggest problem I faced was that this new mercenary kept dying, very quickly. And 40,500 coins to resurrect each time it didn't take me long to spend my 750k.... Some armour and 8% life steal per hit will hopefully keep him alive a lot longer.

I used to play with a friend couple years back, we completed the game on Normal difficulty and then Nightmare. We stopped on Hell difficulty at level 50ish since it was so difficult. I levelled up to 65 last year and now play by myself ploughing through Hell difficulty, tis a lonely world.

Just finished Act II and found the first waypoint in Act III. Continuing soon..

Back