Nissan Datascan II for K11

Thinking about getting the Datascan II software, but I read a forum post by someone who said they tried it with their K11 and experienced limited functions.

It could read data, but the sections where you could make adjustments to base idle and ignition timing were greyed out.

Is anyone using Datascan II with a post 2000 K11?

If so, are you getting full functionality?

I've emailed the software people themselves for an answer, but with no response so far.

Nobody here using Datascan?

Apparently, the free trial software is exactly the same as the paid version, just with advertising - so I've downloaded the free trial and when I've got the necessary OBD2/USB cable I'll try it out and report back.

I've also heard that version 1.3 is free (presumably without advertising) - but I'm not sure about the functions that can perform, compared to the latest version (2.53)

@Micra Steve please can you let us know the outcome when the cable arrives and you have tried it? would be very interested if works!

Certainly will.

I'm hoping it works, as the ability to manually adjust things like the idle and timing would be very useful indeed - it's such a pain not being able to do this that I've seriously considered switching to the earlier K11.

Back