De stickering gone wrong

i pulled of 1 of the strips off the side of my car yesterday and all the glues still on n it will not come off, ive tried hot soapy water and a hair dryer n all thw glues still there anyone have any ideas

tut tut tut... that means you not trying hard enough... lol

honestly take your time...

sit on a stool, HOT soapy water with sponge left hand, right hand tough rag cloth...

soak small area a few times making sure gets really wet...

then use rag and be firm, rag diagonally upwards...

honestly tis a biyatch but take your time...

worth it tho...

took me around 2 hours on left side with white spirit and a LOT of kitchen roll.

If you've got a decent drill, then goto your local car paint and panel shop/garage and purchase a caramack wheel I got mine for £4 each. Goes on drill made specially for removing adhesive from car panels. Wet the panel then use the wheel and brought my right side off in under 15 mins.

Though be careful not to keep it in the same place for too long as you may burn the paint work.

Best way with the proper tools.

It took me forever to get mine off but dont get frustrated and angry about it (like me!) i used a chizel lol... soon had the glue off, along with half the paint.

this is probably the most boring "mod" to do.
Basically sit there and rub and rub and rub, then move over an inch and do more, took me a weekend to do a good job once!

I did mine with white spirits and razor blades...took patience though, wouldnt recomend razor blades unless you have a steady hand and patience

did mine with a cloth, a rag and white spirit. Word of warning though dont leave the white spirit on the paint very long cos you'll mess it up. just in case you didnt know. dont want you ruining a nice car :D

Fordy said:
why not buy a eraser wheel it will be alot easier and simplier to do and wont take as long 10 or so minutes per side

it will look like this http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8002561830&category=36677 have a look in your local autoparts shop, halfords might have it unsure tho

if u havent noticed already the MSC on a whole ar tight! :D

and would rather get blisters spending hours and hours scraping glue of by hand

no offence to annyone btw

I think you mean caramel wheel mate,

I did one side with a rag, petrol and an ice scarper and it took 2 hours.

Did the other side with a caramel wheel and it took ten minutes.

Back