Wrong pump?

CMF_K11M

» CMF Member
I bought a new fuel pump for my 2001 K11 (60bhp coilpack) Micra and I've got a feeling it's the wrong one.

I don't have the existing pump out of the fuel tank yet but the new one looks way too 'fat' to fit in the aperture that it needs to go in in the fuel collector unit. Also the connectors (fuel & electrical) seem all wrong.

Take a look at the image attached on this message to see the current pump in-situ and the seemingly bogus pump.

The existing pump in the tank has a white plastic top with the fuel hose connected top middle and a single electrical plug (with two wires going into it) connected below it.

The new (wrong?) pump seems a lot wider and has two (+ & -) blade connectors either side of the fuel pipe connection.

The only thing I'm not 100% sure about is that when you extract the original pump from the fuel collector unit, does the white cap (with the fuel pipe connector and single electrical plug) come away from the actual pump and fit on top of the new pump?

I'm thinking they sent me a wrong 'un, what does anyone else think or know?

Thank you

CMF_K11M

» CMF Member
As an addition to my original post the fuel pump in the attached image looks a lot more like the one that's currently in my tank.

With the single electrical connection and the fuel connection top middle.

Attachments

• 55554.jpg
    55554.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 53
Back