dave bull and little bandit

how reliable is your car?

i know the engine ect...so is the c20let vaux engines but as i know a few people with these and know they have alot of problems with other stuff but usually a quick fix. eg mounts snapping,sensors going that sort of thing

what kind of problems have you had apart from the teething probs of the conversion.

cheers

A much nicer engine than the C20LET, none of that vauxhall tat in here thankyou

;)

yes, i hate vaxhaulls lol, best engine swap what i saw was a rs500 serria cossie with a 2.0 vaxhuall lump in o_O if your going to put an engine in make it one thats in the familiy :p

plus its an rs500 a rare model aswell! only think it had around 200bhp so i bet hes lost loads of money and hes lost 100bhp! muppets aye? :p

i think you have miss read my post.

i know exactly whats in little bandit .and the vaux lumps are ok its just the conversions that are un-reliable from what i can see

i just wonderd if this was the case with little bandit.

has it ever broken?

S racing, if you used clear grammar in the first place this there would be no confusion.

However the SR20 engines are very reliable if looked after correctly.

i think you have miss read my post.
Apologies, yes I did mis-read your post.

As Ed says SR20 DEs and their Turbo companions are pretty good engines which is why a lot of S13 owners ungrade their CA18 DET engines (which are made out of cheese) to the SR20Det engines.

S racing, if you used clear grammar in the first place this there would be no confusion.

However the SR20 engines are very reliable if looked after correctly.

ok i will re-word it..is the sr20det conversion a reliable one .unlike the vauxhaull conversions you can buy off the shelf.

the downfall of vaux conversions is the "conversion" not the un-reliable engine,as the block is solid and well proven. its just the rest that falls to bits

so i ask,is this the case with little bandit

ok i will re-word it..is the sr20det conversion a reliable one .unlike the vauxhaull conversions you can buy off the shelf.

the downfall of vaux conversions is the "conversion" not the un-reliable engine,as the block is solid and well proven. its just the rest that falls to bits

so i ask,is this the case with little bandit

You have to bare in mind that its a 400bhp drag car with the weight of a matchbox, the conversion was done very well and i dont no reason why it would be any less reliable than the car it came from. The reason for unreliability is the high amount of tuning thats been done (done very well).

You nearly always will decrease reliability of the chassis with engine conversion unless every suspension component is uprated and the chassis is reinforced properly, even that brings in its own problems.

See what youve done Dave, you've made a micra unreliable!

The only real issue that I have had with the car is with driveshafts. This is mainly due to my fault, and not the cars.

If you give anything a lot od abuse over time, it will eventually break.

Part from the shafts, there have been no real issues that haven't been an easy fix.

Cheers

Dave

im wanting to do a conversion like that what do u need to do with the driveshafts eg do u make them if so how or r they off another car. also is it custom mounts for the engine. do u need to alter the firewall or the frontcross member or is there enough clearance. what about the wirering loom do u add to the micra one or use the one out of the doner car.

im wanting to do a conversion like that what do u need to do with the driveshafts eg do u make them if so how or r they off another car. also is it custom mounts for the engine. do u need to alter the firewall or the frontcross member or is there enough clearance. what about the wirering loom do u add to the micra one or use the one out of the doner car.

first things first you need a huge budget lol, sorry not to constructive but i can only imagine how much money has gone into that car, it certainly isnt for the feint hearted im sure of that.

i'd personally set asside at least 5K before i started to make sure i did everything right, something that fast you could kill yourself very easily doing a bodge job lol

The only real issue that I have had with the car is with driveshafts. This is mainly due to my fault, and not the cars.

If you give anything a lot od abuse over time, it will eventually break.

Part from the shafts, there have been no real issues that haven't been an easy fix.

Cheers

Dave

how often do you drive the car and how long has it been on the road as a 2.0ltr turbo?

Think its been a five year project or so, also isnt it still street legal Dave?? As far as the 5k budget is concerened theres a good chance your go past that so dont start a conversion like that thinking that it'll all go 100% smoothly. Also wouldnt recomend doing a conversion like that if your knowledge on tuning isnt all that if you dont have a wallet to make up for it.

It really started off when I had my Almera, which is going back to 2002 now, so yes, 5 years or so!

The actually Micra itself has been on the road since around late September 2005 and it's still road legal...just!

Back