Dashcam hardwire, power problem

Hi,

I'm having an issue with my hardwired dashcam (g1w); I connected it to the ACC fuse so it should turn on when the key is in ACC position and indeed it does, however if I stay in ACC for a while and then go IGNition, the camera gets confused and shut down as there is a moment there when the power is cut (radio goes off briefly as well).

Probably wiring it in the ignition fuse would solve this problem, but I'd like to keep the dashcam in ACC fuse, I feel it's worth capturing that footage as well, you know, when you are in the car with the engine stopped, just waiting for someone etc.

Has anyone hit this problem, how did you solve it?

Not the same part,but i wired aftermarket front fogs using the positive to the stereo as that comes on with acc and ignition. Think the positive to the cigarette lighter would also be the same. Maybe worth splicing onto one of those instead.

Sent from my C2105 using Tapatalk

Chris,

Thanks, but wiring it into the stereo would not work, when I switch the key to ignition, the stereo also goes off briefly. This is the same with what I have now. I may just have to end up starting it by hand..

I think the ECU might get uninterrupted power between ACC and IGN. I'll try to find the fuse for it and tap into it.

Right, did not manage to find the ECU fuse, or decide whether that's the wisest thing to do either. I'll let you folks know how the dashcam will work from the ciggy lighter fuse.

Back