Damn antenna ! Retractable... NOT.

Seb_

Give me some frogs.
Site Supporter
Hey peeps,
today I tried during several hours to retract inside the pillar the radio antenna, without any succes, I tried everything: grease, gripper plier, filing down a little the hole, but NO WAY, this damn antenna is still outside, because it's curved on it's base, see this drawing:
antenne.jpg

Everywhere, service manual include, I read the antenna is retractable, can someone confirms that on some series the antenna can NOT be retracted ?

Seb

cant be retracted on mine fella im afraid, not entirely sure on which models it does and does'nt retract on.

my old prefacelift's antenna used to retract just fine, and my Cabrio's is electric so that pops up and down merrily.
Maybe because it is bent at the bottom it's not retracting?

Thanks for the replies Colli and MicraFish ;)
The bent seems to be factory made, not "broken", so I think mine is just like Colli's one and can't be retracted.
It sucks, if someone is selling a retractable antenna, PM me ;)

Cheers

Seb

ps: Colli you didnt replied to my pm for the headlight :p

Ah how odd! Not sure why they have done that! Must be the case then - but I'm afraid I have no retractable aerial for sale!

but I'm afraid I have no retractable aerial for sale!

Same issue with me funnily enough :D

It is a bit odd though. Mines an LX so it does'nt surprise me in the sense that mines the stockest stock K11 around :p

PM'd you back about your light aswell.

Colli did you have the cig lighter and its wire on your LX ? If not it would confirm our "theory"

Seb

mines a retractable one, but your drawing its amazing :p haha full marks on your drawing =]

on a serious note, cant your scrappy job one? or are they model specific?

Back