cut stock springs

CMF_RTK

» CMF Member
i cut original 3 coils off mine, but im running 14s and it sits nice, but im wanting coil overs now -.-

CMF_RTK

» CMF Member
frank2 WROTE:

"RTK WROTE:

"i cut original 3 coils off mine, but im running 14s and it sits nice, but im wanting coil overs now -.-"</div>

3 coils off will make them uncaptive when extended eh, lets ask micramike for an opinion lol :D

havent had a problem with them? and they are also in matiz struts also, and love to see his opinion on this, and i have rubbing marks on my inner gaurd, but cant feel it when it does haha, even though it sounds a pain the ass, start off with one then two and stop at 3 and just see how it sits and how you like it

CMF_RTK

» CMF Member
wadek11 WROTE:

"good to hear mate so over stock height!

ill get it done this weekend n post up some pics

cheers again bud :)

i only had the front end problem when i had mine, then went with the matiz setup droped 4 inchs out the front with cut springs

CMF_RTK

» CMF Member
M1.CA.96 WROTE:

"Hi guys,

Just wondering is it fine to cut the front springs as well as the rear?

Cut springs defeats the whole decision of lowering your car, since this post has been created i have now got coilovers, and compared to cut springs, it handles so much better doesnt feel loose when turning or going over bumps, plus lowering your car correctly is the best way to get a better feel and comfort

CMF_frank2

» CMF Member
M1.CA.96 WROTE:

"Is it worth it for budget lowering as it is a daily and do not want to spend much money on it?

its down to personal preference really, i found my non adjustable corsa coilies very uncomfortable, and asdame runs his coilies on the fully soft setting iirc

CMF_RTK

» CMF Member
M1.CA.96 WROTE:

"Is it worth it for budget lowering as it is a daily and do not want to spend much money on it?

Honestly I dont reckon, you are making the ride uncomfortable and the springs can come uncaptive and cause your big problems

Back