Cusco Strut Brace For Sale K12

Bmx_Bandit

Ex. Club Member
I still have my Cusco upper strut brace for sale. It was fitted to my 160 SR for about 8 months, but i think it will fit other K12's.

£85 inc shipping anywhere in the UK.
Please PM or email me.

Cheers Simon

can anyone confirm it will fit my 03 plate 1.4 k12? got a pic matey?

i wonder if i need to reposition the brake fluid to acommodate the strut brace.

If you do a search for Cusco strut brace, i posted a thread with lots of pictures of it in the forums.
You dont have to use the brake cylinder stopper part of the brace for it to fit though.

Simon :)

think the most i will go is £75, cash is real tight at the moment. and i still dont know if it will fit.........:suspect:

£80 inc postage, if you can find out fro definate if it will fit.
Call Japanparts.com (thats where i bought it from) the guy there is really helpfull.

But don't call Japan from your mobile :D!

i did and theire response is below:

Dear Sir,
Thank you for your inquiry.
We are sorry but we could not tell you whether the parts will fit on your car
if your car is not Japanese Domestic Model car.
If you would like to confirm about it,
please search Micra owners club site and ask to somebody.
When you confirm, please get back to me.
My own address is [email protected]

Kind regards,
JAPANPARTS.COM
KOJI

no luck there!!! grr

If it doesnt require me re-positioning my brake fluid bottle then i will pay my highest offer of £75.

sorry i couldnt meet your demand, if someone comes up with a better offer then fair enough.

if its a deal i will send you the money tonight o_O

Ok £75.00 is a deal. It just taking up space in my flat so i guess it should go.

You can Paypal me the money, thats easiest for me.

Simon

cool, cheers mate. if i want to change filter for service and MOT etc, do i have to remove the strut brace?

oh one stupid final question, do i just screw it on? cos i heard some say there is like a unique way of putting it on in order for the strut brace to work to its full effect.

You should get it on Tue. Buisness Post don't deliver on Sat.

You do need to remove it to change the filter, but only the alloy brace itself, not the parts that are fitted to the strut towers. It takes just a couple of mins.

And it just bolts on using your bolts that are already on the car.

Simon :)

i fitted it yesterday and it looks real good, notice the car is a bit more stable round corners but i cannot work out what the red metal plate does and if i actually need it.
Lastly it seems it has completely stopped access to the left hand side headlamp. is it like that with yours? say if they need to change a faulty bulb and replace filter on my service they will have to the take out the whole thing including the blue plate on the left side. think i have installed it right?

but still a very happy bunny dont worry :upside:

Yeah, it will make access to the lamps a bit tricky. The red stop disk is to pust up against the brake cylinder stopper (just behind and left of the engine) i'm not sure if that was only on the 160SR though?
Either way it's not a massive problem if it's fitted or not. It really does stop understeer in the dry though :D

Back