Currently running outof petrol...

Guy

Has gone over to the oily side...
Club Member
When it's empty I'm going to change injector no. 3. Don't need to disconnect the hose from the rail, reckon the rail will pull out and swing out the way...

It's still idling away out there :(. Hopefully not too long...

No, the 'miles left' changed to a row of dashes about an hour ago...

Just drive up and down the road! Idle is like sipping a pint and making it last 6 hours! Just hope it doesnt damage the pump!

Turned it off at 4:30. I'm thinking hammering a stake through it's heart may be the only way :laugh:. Baz, need to replace a fuel injector. Only way to relieve the fuel pressure because it needs the Nissan computer to do it. Even the pump fuse is totally inaccessible :(.

Beware this comment maybe n00b(ish)

i take it the pressure can't be relieved just by opening the filling cap?

No Shaun. The pressure's in the line from the fuel pump to the fuel rail.

Tried that, the ECU detects it and cuts the spark so it turns over but doesn't fire thus not relieving the fuel pressure.

There is no fuel filter and you need a special Nissan tool just to disconnect the line from the rail. Beginning to hate Renault yet? :laugh:.

What's the special tool? I've always just pulled the pipes off? The fuel pressure on a petrol ain't dangerous like on a diesel

Right, job done. Guide to follow on my website coming soon. My question is... How long before it stops running on 3 cylinders and stalling :suspect:.

Ahem, until I reconnect the brake servo pipe to the inlet manifold :blush:.

Cheers Daren :grinning:. Just taken it for a 14 mile spin to test a new speed camera download and it feels a lot smoother generally and didn't misfire once. Touch wood, it's fixed :grinning:.

Are you sure that there is a non return valve on the supply side of the fuel line after the pump?
This would be the only reason for fuel under pressure in the rail after the fuel pump is turned off.

Don't know to be honest, I was just being cautious. Anyhoo, several thousand miles later and it's been perfect - YAAAAAY (Y)!

After reading the service manual all you have to do to relieve the fuel pressure is remove the fuel pump fuse and attempt to start the engine.
It may start and run for a very short time.
This will relieve all pressure from the fuel system.

Yup, would have been a front bumper and arch liner off job - no way jose :D.

Back