could some one?

R05_Micra

Ex. Club Member
has anyone put a k'n'N on there car and has the airbox spare? if so could i have it or have it for a pint/couplea quid? i need one as mines snapped. cant really be messed on playin' 12 quid for a scrap on. even if i could lend it to pass its mot n then have it back! cheers lol!

no reason why it should fail its MOT because it has an aftermarket air filter, the air filter is not a testable thing in the MOT lol

it all boils down to emmisions. if you only got a k&n theres no need to worry. i scraped, and i mean scraped through with K&N panel filter, decat, straight thru mid and tiny back box....

ahhh ok then ill just take it down with filter on! :D right, my micra aint taxed or insured, how can i get like a mile n half to tha test centre without riskin me lisence? any ideas with out gettin insured, ?(as ive no cash yet be about 2 week but i want the car done!)
cheers lol :D

i thought you can drive without tax to an MOT center as long as you have an appointment for that day? Not sure about the insurance though.

Ian said:
i thought you can drive without tax to an MOT center as long as you have an appointment for that day? Not sure about the insurance though.

I think its your only allowed to drive without an MOT certificate aslong as you are going to get the car MOTed.

The only option really is to tow it down or trailor it.

should pass fine with the k&n, as long as the standard manifold is in place and preferably the 2nd cat too.

you can drive an un-MOT'd (if there is such a word :s) car as long as its taxed and insured, but only to the test centre as said.

i guess getting someone to tow/trailor it may the only option. not really sure on tax/insurance issues.

:)

rj007 said:
don't think you will be able to tow an untaxed/uninsured car anywhere.

My mate and I done it when we were towing his car back from our college autotest. It wasnt taxed or insured. I know for the insurance that the car being towed comes under the car towing its insurance.

i drove around in my car without an MOT for about 3 months coz i didnt check my tax duhhhhhhhhh it was my first car and wasnt in the habit of checking these things. also this neant i wasnt insured. sods law states though as soon as you set off you will get pulled. trailor is the only way to go i think.

Best thing to do to make sure would be ring your local police station and ask. If it fails the m.o.t then you will have to bring it back and increase the chances of being pulled over. (hope it doesn't fail!)

You need insurance to cover it unless it's on a trailer. You can drive without tax as long as you're going to a prearranged MOT or garage for MOT work. Or do it at 4am and walk there for the test... (not exactly legal though!)

Back