converting to 4x114.3 PCD at fronts.

CMF_xsoarerx

» CMF Member
been thinking about this for a while but im wondering if any of you have seen or a good idea about converting the front from 4x100 to 4x114.3 stud pattern?

i know theres limited FF cars with 4x114.3 out there but there might be an easy solution that DOES NOT INVOLVER SPACERS/CONVERTERS!

U12 bluebird?
some random jap pulsar?
other suggestions?

thanks.
john.

CMF_deNs

» CMF Member
It's a good idea but it's likely to be a pain.. your silver micra has like 25mm bolt-on adapters, doesn't it? You'll lose a fair bit of offset if you go this way. That said, I do really like the idea of this but wouldn't you want to do the rears as well?

Even if you can replace the fronts with ones to switch the PCD it's likely to be infinitely more difficult finding something that matches the rear axle setup.

Or you can just get really lucky importing stuff from Japan and find some huuge offset wheels in 4x100 on yahoo jp :p They do come up every now and again but need to keep your eyes open..

Alternatively you could get some wheels custom made like simmons or similar.

Edit: A quick search comes up with these though

NISSAN BLUEBIRD FWD 4X114.3
NISSAN EXA N12 4X114.3
NISSAN MAXIMA <90 4X114.3
NISSAN PULSAR N12 ET TURBO 4X114.3
NISSAN PULSAR N16> 4X114.3

Don't know how accurate these might be as I always thought the N12's were 4x100's.. The N16 might be your best bet.

---dens

CMF_xsoarerx

» CMF Member
the bolt on spacers are smaller than that (wont let that one out of the bag tho ;)) and its running a 14x7 -0 i think? with spacer and the guards have been flaired accordingly.

so if i do change to 4x114.3 providing some of thoes fit, ill get more space to play with... maybe 7,5's for the front.

the rears are 114.3 already ;)

i can get matching rims in 100pcd but having two other cars in 114.3, the rear is 114.3 and matching rims in 114.3 are about 60% cheeper in is same size's it would be a good option to figure out how to do it.

thinking of going the ga16de engine and brake upgrade so maybe a complete graft is in order altho not on the cards for a while...

nz_aj WROTE:

"There are some other Nissans to consider, parts ex Japan:<BR>P10 &amp; P11 Primera<BR>S13 Silvia<BR>S14 &amp; S15 non turbo Silvia (although some of these are possibly 5 stud from factory)<BR>Some budget Skylines, Laurel etc.<BR><BR>Wide rims for 100x4 are available. EVLGTI is still 100x4, front drive 352kW at wheels, 10.95s @ 212kph 1/4 mile, 7.3s 1/8 mile <A title=http://www.micra.com.au/community/member.php?userid=1419 href="http://www.micra.com.au/community/member.php?userid=1419" target=_blank>http://www.micra.com.au/community/member.php?userid=1419</A>

silvia's are rwd chief.. so err no, they wont work cause there's no spline in the front hubs for fwd...unless i'm missing something... i've seen 4x100 > 114.3 adaptors made from as little as 10mm thick. possibly even thinner, some require a small rebate in the back of the wheels (which most wheels have anyways)

CMF_xsoarerx

» CMF Member
i had thought that for about 5 seconds as well... wait...wait... ahhhh no :p

yeah, its got a 8mm thick converter... soooooooo pretty thin, i know, being picky but would be great to be... 'semi-legal'

CMF_deNs

» CMF Member
Energan WROTE:

"xsoarerx WROTE:

the rears are 114.3 already ;)"</div>
How you make it,drill the micra drums? Or with drum(brakes) from another model Nissan?
Thanks.

He mentions it above - and it's discs, not drums.

xsoarerx WROTE:

"youll have to wait a few weeks(months) as i havnt goten the car yet
but its a disk rear end redrilled so im told.

This is also a 3 year old thread..

---dens

Back