Competition Sound

Gurpreet

Ex. Club Member
Got into a discussion with some guy at work yesterday who says he spent £150 on tweeters?! Woah!! The two brands (U.S) he was favourable for were: 'CDT' and 'BOSS'

Just wondering if anyone has used either? Or what they think of 'competition' sound in general?

Another chap mentioned: 'Ballistic' and 'Target'

...the mind boggles!

Boss? Avoid

CDT are good though, along with Genesis, Moral, DLS and a couple of others :)

Avoid Ballistic and Target too...!

Oh, and £150 is nothing, there are quite a few lovely component sets around that costs £1000's, then you get onto amps, £1000's for the likes of Sinfoni, etc....

The list goes on!

I loved my Genesis P69s but the problem was too much bass and not enough vocal/high end... it felt like the sound stage was at the back... 4 way 6x9s gave me that surround sound... sound stage... and the car was filled with sound.. of course I faded a bit to the front so it was to my sweet spot.. the problem with this Micra is that what little boot space it has is needed.. so need to opt for shelf speakers again.. and thinking which ones.. the Helix audio ones I had werent too bad..

I've gone for DLS up front... they are running off that JBL amp you recommended...

Suggestions needed for the back... can't see Genesis on caraudiodirect website... but see Infinity Kappa 693.7i budget £160 ish

Cheers Rep.

ps. has to be reference standard.

What about these 6x9s by DLS?

http://caraudiosecurity.com/shop/product/products_id/5581.html

should be getting hold of a Genesis Profile amp soon.

Back