CompactCup.com

CMF_ed.

» CMF Member
deNs WROTE:

"ed. WROTE:

One word.

Turbo"</div>

Don't exactly see how that's <em>cheap</em> or <em>easy</em> :p If it was, I'd do it asap... though for a daily it's too much hassle..

Every time I see 2's car it makes me want those super march rear lights! Wish I could get some.

---dens

dollar per kW it is cheaper.

CMF_deNs

» CMF Member
Hmm, you can spend a fair amount getting a decent Turbo setup going, but i'll take your word on it. From just quickly driving aaron's one on low boost, I can see how much fun it'd be with it cranked up ;)

Anyhow, I actually found someone selling the super march LED rear lights on ebay... just a shame they're so damn expensive!

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Micra-March-...098811268QQcategoryZ10402QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

---dens

CMF_fred

» CMF Member
re: the turbo cheap and easy? well, it cost me about $1800 AU and one week in a workshop. I did take my time on ebay getting exactly what I wanted, etc. and it is my daily driver. once all the parts we made it was a 3hr swap over. It was cheap and relatively easy and I still have my aircon.

CMF_fred

» CMF Member
not dynoed it yet, still at stage 1 (no intercooler, no water injection, no boost controller, standard exhaust, standard injectors, set at 4psi). well, the labour was me, so isn't included. guessing the power increase about 25% up ... there is a section of road that is basically 40km/hr corner with a power pole 400-500m up a rise. in N/A the poor thing reaches 105km/r to the rise. With stage 1 turbo, I get 120km/r approx. but run out of fuel so can't use full rev range.... (nearly finished sr20de fuel rail to fix that though(325cc/min pink heads)). When the modded fuel rail is fixed I'll get it dynoed/tuned and expect power to then be 80-95kw as per snoopy and hack who have simmilar set ups(fingers crossed) see pix and stuff under 'fred's $1500 turbo power up' in the forced micra's section. (the extra $300 is for injectors and fuel control)

CMF_jdc5r

» CMF Member
i do try to hit the apex on the 2nd corner of wakie. But it is possible that lap they were simply cooling down or letting some others pass.

What i do know is the guy in the blue jazz is pretty much up my ass all the way, and the one in the black cant possibly get his lines wrong as he has been to wakefield about errr 20 or so times.

CMF_deNs

» CMF Member
Bit of a thread resurrection here, but just wondering what had happened to CompactCup - forums don't seem to be up anymore (dispite front page/image still working).

Anyone able to shed some light on this?

---dens

Back